[TUESDAY and FRIDAY EVENINGS] Vehicle Living/Van Living Chat Room

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will remember chat is tonight

? I somehow managed to get on the chat bout mo. ago, but Tonite I cudnt figure it out. Typing my msg. was slow goin, is there a tip any1 can give ths ol gal. I was so excited cuz I asked bout my water leak problem & got sum good feedback. I GOTA GET BK ON TH ROAD & OUT OF PHX's 100° HEAT Besides STIR CRAZY! I used to do most of my own work on a Chevy van. Ths is my 1st & I'm sure, LAST Ford I will evr own! It's a '95 e250 clubwagon, NO uhmf, less thn 100k EZ mi. on it (shuttle van 4 retirement home) don't seem to use/leak any fluid's, new rad. etc. Cud barely squeeze mirror in to where I see water GUSHING out, hole in ? aluminum to driver's side of manifold. Can't afford $$mech.

In the chatroom last night, the topic of truck moose bumpers (also called moose bars or moose guards) came up...well here are a few examples:

https://truckfreighter.com/moose-bumpers-semi-truck/
Similar but not the same as 'bull bars' on a pickup or SUV, these need to fold forward to allow the large hood to tip forward for access to the engine.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-10 14-44-45.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-10 14-44-45.png
    928.9 KB · Views: 0
Being a mechanic I always had problems with those things! Lol!!! Forget to latch one and it folds under the front and stops you dead in your tracks often. Most are not strong enough and if they are weigh too much as well as decrease the effectiveness of lighting at night. I’ve found it’s best to have that little bit of fear of hitting things and slow down rather than false confidence that those provide. Just my opinion.

? I somehow managed to get on the chat bout mo. ago, but Tonite I cudnt figure it out. Typing my msg. was slow goin, is there a tip any1 can give ths ol gal. I was so excited cuz I asked bout my water leak problem & got sum good feedback. I GOTA GET BK ON TH ROAD & OUT OF PHX's 100° HEAT Besides STIR CRAZY! I used to do most of my own work on a Chevy van. Ths is my 1st & I'm sure, LAST Ford I will evr own! It's a '95 e250 clubwagon, NO uhmf, less thn 100k EZ mi. on it (shuttle van 4 retirement home) don't seem to use/leak any fluid's, new rad. etc. Cud barely squeeze mirror in to where I see water GUSHING out, hole in ? aluminum to driver's side of manifold. Can't afford $$mech.
I usually post a link to the chat when I post the weekly reminder. You just click that link, and the chat will load. You'll load in as a guest with a random number. If you wish you can left click on "yourself" and get a popup menu. One of the options is to change nickname. We hope to see you next Tuesday night!

I fell asleep at the end... woke up and everyone was gone.

This is getting complicated... first I have to remember it’s Tuesday tomorrow. Then get my nappy in!!! I don’t know... that’s a lot to make hap...zzzzzzzzz!
You're late! lol time to wake up from that nap