Traveling through Texas this week

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Truck Gypsy

Reaction score
Is anyone out there in Texas right now? If so where and what is the traffic and gas situation around Dallas?. I've heard many places like Alvarado and Fort Worth are out of gas right now. I have to be east of Dallas by Thursday and want to keep up with what is going on. I'm sure as things get worse in Houston that people will migrate upstate and was concerned about civil unrest and crime as the week goes on.

Does Texas have a public information site? I'd look at that possibility...something official.

How long are you going to be in Texas? Aren't you going to be at some craft shows? There is a lot of help being poured into Houston area right now. Some evacuees have been transported to the DFW area temporarily. I don't see any civil unrest in this...North Texas area... other than some arguments at some gas stations. That should blow over shortly. That's what I am thinking anyway. I plan to head west next Wed or Thursday.

I don't see it being much different than the Katrina situation from a few years back. We had a LOT of evacuees from NOLA.