Trampus has a Maxxair fan now! But need a replacement part.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurdyOrnery

Reaction score
I was lucky and found a used Maxxair vent fan and Maxxair vent cover yesterday for $60. The fan works great and is in good condition. Unfortunately, the single lift arm is bent and won't allow the vent cap to fully close. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement lift arm? We've tried bending it back into position, but we're missing an angle somewhere. The used fan was manufactured in 2012, but has been sitting in storage at the salvage place for a couple years. Most of the new Maxxair fans have a dual lift arm configuration, but I found a replacement lift arm for a Fan-Tastic fan that looks the same as the lift arm on my Maxxair. I just don't know if it's compatible with the Maxxair air fan or not. 

By the way, my little cargo camper is named Trampus, and I'm busily working on getting him outfitted for me. He's going to get a ladder rack with solar "ala Bob Wells," but I'm gonna add girly wallpaper and cabinet inserts on the inside. I'm also going with a convertible sofa bed, so I can fold it up and have room for a recliner.