Toyota Tacoma Truck Bed Conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

<P>So my boyfriend and I are setting up our Toyota Tacoma six foot truck bed to be livable, for us and our dog. We know, its tight! But we think we can make it work. So far we just have a frame but we have high hopes for our plan. We got a bed frame with storage space underneath where we will have a drawer, we will put another piece of plywood to the right, in the right corner near the tail gate there will also be a 50 quart fridge. We will tint the windows, put some&nbsp; blinds up, have a fan from the cab into the back for air circulation, and will have those simple plastic drawers for every day clothes. We're going to get a memory foam topper to sleep on and hopefully it wont be too bad!<BR><BR>Once we get some more progress done we'll update the pics and keep posting on our adventures!<BR>Happy Travels!<BR></P>-Ay and Jay<BR><A href="http://ourlifeourway.com/" target=_blank>http://ourlifeourway.com/</A><br><A href="mailto:[email protected]" target=_blank>[email protected]</A><br><br>

I traveled/ boondocked quite a bit in a Tacoma, still would be 'cept a drunk driver totaled it while it was parked...<br>It was adequate space for me, not sure about guests...<br>Small spaces do tend to make us more organized and efficient if nothing else...<br>Happy trails. <br><br><br>

Small spaces makes one realize that junk gets in the way.&nbsp; I live in a 30ft classA and still have way too much junk.&nbsp; You really only need so much, determine&nbsp; your needs and go for it.&nbsp; You will(can)be happy.&nbsp; Ed<br>

<FONT size=3>Hi Ay and Jay.</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>It is a bit of a problem trying to kit out a truck cap for rv living. I was lucky to find a high cap and will be finishing the conversion in a couple of weeks. I started a thread "Simple Survival Expedition and have included a few ideas and tips that I have picked up over the years. I used to have a small cargo trailer but opted for a cap instead. Here are a few pics. There will be a bed on the passenger side. It will have fold down tables when it is against the wall.</FONT><br>