Tour video of our Ford Transit and Cargo trailer conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build...how long did that take? A year I'm guessing? Lot of thought went into that.

I especially like the adjustable, tilting, bed frame....

Welcome pisopat to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Click on over to the newcomers corner to introduce yourself.

tx2sturgis said:
Nice build...how long did that take? A year I'm guessing? Lot of thought went into that.

I especially like the adjustable, tilting, bed frame....
a year may be a fair estimate but it's hard to say because I started and stopped the build as other parts of life interrupted. We were also downsizing and doing major repairs on the house while the camper build was happening.  The van was first to build and harder to do because of all the curved surfaces. The trailer was easier because I learned from the van build and it's mostly square and flat. Trailer build was the least interrupted part and it took around 3 months.

Back in 2014 and overlapping into 2015 I built out a similar combo, a Ford E-250 van and a 6x12 cargo trailer....worked well for me too...mostly...

And you're right, the curved van interior is a bit of a pain....I took a LOT of shortcuts with that....the cargo trailer was more involved and...I still have it!

The van is long gone.

While it's a very nice build for sure, there isn't anything stealth about your setup.

Big white van and big trailer with solar panels on top isn't something that is normal in just about any setting. It kinda says look at me...

A lot of good ideas and information regardless.