Today is the day .....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Activist

Reaction score
... on which I will be starting my mobile living, living in a van.

Got notice a couple weeks ago that my rent will increase again, now $800. The apartment complex I live is not a nice one, noisy and careless neighbors, hardly any outside maintenance (brown grass, hardly any snow plowing in the winter time etc.). It is really bad, residents got stuck in the snow a couple times this year again, being late for work or missing it altogether.

I checked on other places around town, long waiting lists, and the cheapest place is already $875, plus utilities.l

Considering my situation for a week, I decided to move into a van. I am by myself, have a 8-5 full time job and parking in places around the city is not an issue where I am at. I have time until May 31 to get rid of the few things I wont need anymore, and get situated appropriately.

I have been camping since I was little (proud former Boy Scout), so living 'out there' with minimal industrial supplies is nothing new to me, I actually prefer it.

I am usually at work at around 6 am, nobody is there, so I can clean up in there if I choose to. I have 24/7 access to my office building, technically I could even stay there once in a while, but it wont work since the alarm system does not allow to secure only the outside doors. So if I active the alarm, I can not get out as the motion sensors would trigger. If I do not set the alarm, the alarm company will notify the business that the alarm was not set, again.

But then, as said, it gives me the option here and there.

So today is the day on which I will buy my van. My journey to this is different, I will post it in the van forum.

Happy Living!

Good luck. Have you decided on a van yet?

You're not alone, this is becoming very common in America. Meanwhile, law makers are rushing to create new laws to make sure you don't escape "their system" or avoid taxation.

Welcome Activist to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger

Welcome to the forum! I saw you already have your van picked out, how exciting!

Yeah, rents. I'm 3 hours from a big city and the rents here are OUTRAGEOUS. Mine went up 38% in a 12 month period last year. Sad thing is, I'm still getting a good deal compared to what else is available here.