Time for something that matters

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
MY OPINION:  

Lately there have been hurt feelings, insults, infighting, and people leaving this forum.  

Chill everyone.  Here is a way to do it.

Ferndale Music Co in CA has a camera set up in an old church steeple.  There is a pair of owls nesting there.  Right now it is just Mama snoozing on her eggs, but soon there will be little ones hatching.

The next time you get mad about someone else doing something you do not like, watch this for a little.  This is what matters ~~~ Life goes on. 

http://www.ferndalemusiccompany.com/owlcam/

I did that with the Florida Eagle cam...always a good way to waste time and see what life SHOULD be all about.

Post any similar links here please.  I would rather watch eggs hatch than get in an arguement over nothing. ~~~

ohh,i love owls

went out back this morn,2 red headed woodpecker,2 pigeons and i dont know how many other birds talking,it was glorious

I have an owl near enough my place i can hear it at night, I go to sleep to the sound of it's inquiry

Hey, I'm a member of the Owl Party . . . our theme song is "Take it Easy!"

Much less stressful than being a democrat or republican.

Join up!

Thanks GotSmart, for regrounding us in stuff that really matters . . .

I just spent two months looking at a giraffe's azz, then missed the big event :(
I'm done with critter cams for awhile.

Cool Owl Pictures.................

Long, long ago just after College.......before digital photography...........I processed film/prints for NASA photographer Klaus Wilkens while working in his wife Ari's Professional Photo Lab.........He placed a long roll Nikon camera in a waterproof housing with a timer controlling the exposure.......overlooking an Eagle's nest at Kennedy Space Center...........Retrieved six months later after the nesting season the film and camera were in terrible condition from Heat, humidity, mold and mildew........BUT still managed to capture some amazing images...........

""Also, Klaus took interest in the wildlife around KSC. He documented the highly protected American Bald Eagle family nesting from October to May over a period of 10 years.""

http://www.klauswilckensphotography.com/about.html

I joined FB under my maiden name, a very common one, to avoid friends/politics and just subscribe to the "nature" organizations. They post awesome photos, videos and articles about critters and vegetation I never knew a thing about. I remember seeing the giraffe cam, but didn't "indulge".

I watched the giraffe a bit, but I KNEW she was going to have it in the middle of the night. Did you know those little suckers are about six feet tall when they're born? It's hard to imagine something taller than I am, folded up in a little wad about the size of an exercise ball.

I use to do a lot of birding with the cameras. Owls were one of my favorite subjects, barn owls in particular.

As for the need to chill. Remember, if it won't matter in 30 minutes, it probably doesn't matter now.

I am camping a few miles north of Ferndale right now. I can screw this up for all of you. Try to have a happy thread and some smart ass can always bring it down. LOL. Just kidding. I love owls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of nest boxes for Sugar Gliders in the yard. Amazing what goes on in the night as revealed by the three trail cameras I set each night.
I have a shot of a Powerful Owl taking a glider, one night. Interesting lesson there, staying alive is a pretty important thing to be concerned about.

In an RV context, I take the trail cameras with me and always set them when camping alone in the wilderness.

Sad u lost one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red-tailed hawks are my spirit bird, but I believe owls are my youngest son's. He can walk right up to them and they don't move! I start walking toward them and they fly away! Thanks for the reminder to check out the cam!!

Latest posts