Thrift Shop Scores

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owl

Reaction score
Coleman 68 qt cooler $89 new thrift shop $5 bucks Oh yeah, I had to wash it!

Stormproof packable shell jacket, $50-$75 new, $5 at the thrift store. Had to sew up 2" of seam at the bottom.

Yesterday, Coleman 68 qt. marine grade ice chest, $5.00 These are as much as $90 new.

Nice! I was in Loveland, CO (confirming the tenet that thrift stores in upscale-communities are the best) in June and saw a great find. A Weber Smoky Joe grill in pristine shape for $10. In fact, they had 2. Some lucky soul got a serious SCORE(S).

My favourite department stores. The speciality I look for is Tupperware. Not just any old plastic, but genuine Tupperware.

As an ex dealer (for more than a decade), I know both its price and value. I now mostly pick it up for pennies in the dollar. At home, as well as in my vans, all my food is kept in Tupperware.

Lifey

I used to prowl thrifts looking for high dollar glassware and marbles, most of which brought good money on eBay.
Don't have the room for it now tho.
We still find great deals on other things we need.

soooo you've lost your marbles?

Found a Cabella's multi-tool with a leather case for $5.99, a full set of ACUs for $14 and a sleeping bag for $10.

I scored a life gear wings of life emergency three day back pack with all the gear for 8 bucks!
I think they cost about 80 bucks new

I was happy for sure

So when you get to Q your going to have on a neclace of forks and spoons hanging around your neck. Pictures Please!

I figure to melt it down and make my own designs Just came back from my youngest turning 20 party.

I figure 36 ounces of .925 silver at about $15 per ounce. Do the math?

I GOTTA Hustle here big city bigger bucks i get lucky some days.

I just picked up a Shimano mountain bike in pretty great condition (needs a tune up and some new tubes) for $18.

Just made an awesome score on a lovely 2 piece linen outfit $2...best part...it fits! Typical vandweller maneuver...brought extra weight, should have brought smaller clothes! This may not be vital but it sure made me feel better about myself when I went out for a meal with friends.

OMG I love linen. My favorite shirt of all time is linen and my favorite pants (that don't fit me anymore) are linen. I can understand your excitement. I had a periwinkle linen blazer to die for. Big hugs to you great score.