The Birds!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyLife1977

Reaction score
We've only been in this as yet un insulated aluminum roofed box truck since October.  With the little pickup truck camper, we were used to squirrels and birds getting up there. 
This morning at dawn just after I had set the coffee pot on the stove, thank goodnes, or I have dropped it, BOOM BOOM BOOM BANG BANG BANG!  Freeze in horror, is some jerk throwning rocks?! 
Hop hop, scritter scritter, Boom Bang Bang Bang!  
Crows.  A flock of about 30 passing through, probably after bugs or condensation or whatever, but on this roof, it sounds like the end of the world. This went on for about 5 minutes, and no amount of banging back at them would scare them off.
We're awake now!  :rolleyes:
I hope this doesn't become a thing on their flight path.  
The cat was disturbed. Obviously this was our fault like everything else.

HappyLife1977 said:
I hope this doesn't become a thing on their flight path.  
The cat was disturbed. Obviously this was our fault like everything else.
too funny.  Cats love to accuse and you are the target LOL
big Tstorms a few days ago and the RV shook like a rocket went off inside and little dog looked at me with big eyes as if, what did YOU do?  Not me, no 'splain' it' to him HAHA

Crows are fun to watch. They are sometimes to smart for their own good. Just a word of happy (sometimes) reminder don't leave things outside they are really good at stealing stuff.

Had a visitor in long term parking forget a bag of dog food in the back of his new black pickup that is now mostly white! Lol!!! My son was late for work once and forgot his lunch in the back seat of his Honda Civic and as it was a super hot day left the drivers window opened a little too much. His car no longer has a back seat.

So we parked back at 'the spot' for the night, hubby usually sits up front while i make supper. I'm getting things together and I hear "Hon...the crows are back..." I look out the side window and yep, about 40 of them. Fortunately none of them decided to swarm the truck!
It must be buggy out there or something, the lot is fairly clean.

We sometimes get seagulls way inland. Ages ago, hubby worked with a bunch of loons who thought it would be fun to toss French fries over the boss's car. It was polka dotted by closing time.