The Beast will be starting to roam

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B and C

Reaction score
I am "working" (not) my last hour of the 1/2 day that I have to be at work this year. :D  I show up Monday morning and turn in my badge and other company stuff as that is my official last day of work (yippee!) I hope to get home before noon so we can head to the RTR.  I-10 all the way except a bypass around San Antonio and the I-8 bypass around the big cities in AZ.  ~1300 miles in two days. :(   I hope for this to be the last of our destination driving and the beginning of a lot more relaxed pace.  What a way to start retirement, destination driving. :huh:   I don't want to miss any part of the RTR this year.  We had to leave early last year. :(   I have been very busy getting all the little stuff ready for us to leave.  I procrastinated too much this last year.  It took me three weeks to get wound down last year and will probably take that long this year if not longer.  The plus is I hopefully can stay unwound :cool:

Once we hit the road, I will probably do very little on the forum :(  I like it here a lot and will sorely miss it and leave with a heavy heart.  Hopefully I have been a good contributor and not too much of a antagonist.  I know i occasional got off topic (not always my fault, I swear as I am easily led astray).  It has been very addicting.  I seem to spend time here when I should be doing something else.  I will probably check in on those inevitable rain days when we are trapped inside if we have cell service.  I will have to install Tap-a-talk for that from what I have read. I did get a little USB adapter to plug into the phones so a USB keyboard can be plugged in.  I hate typing on that little screen.  Have not tried it out yet, so don't know if it works or not.

Today's tasks are getting our laptop's and desktop hard drives cloned so an easy swap can mitigate any HD problems.  Then off to the Son's house to spend New Years Eve with them.  This will be the last time we get to see them until Thanksgiving next year. :( :(

When we get back from there tomorrow, the fun stuff begins (not).  Shutting down the S&B for an extended period (lots of work), firing up the fridge in the van and going grocery shopping.  Still have to get the clothes in the van too as well as some of the little grooming stuff that we are using.  The list keeps growing and time is running out.

I will try and check in a couple of times before we head out.  Hope to see ya'll on our travels.

See ya at the RTR and HAPPY New Year to you and yours.

yahoo for you B and C. drive safe, a day or 2 late is better than pushing it. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Happy Trails
Drive safely.That's a lotta miles per day !