Teardrop Trailer Parking and Overnight Boondocking

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam9999

Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking into the option of a teardrop trailer to tow behind my Honda Pilot on a trip that may last a year or more, as I look for a place to buy land. I like to frequent cities as well as out of the way places, but I will be mostly keeping around populated areas, hoping to find a relatively inexpensive piece of land near a reasonably good economic area. Also (this probably goes without saying) I really appreciate free places to park and sleep overnight. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with towing a teardrop or something small and being able to find places to park/sleep/boondock overnight near towns and cities. A lot of places do not allow sleeping in vehicles overnight (and the teardrop is not a stealthy option), so I am wondering if this is a good option for me or not. Thanks very much for any input or experiences shared and thanks for this forum! -Adam

There is really no such thing as stealth when it comes to law enforcement, so ask. There are several BLM areas around cities in Arizona. I’ve never had a problem finding a place to park for the night you just need to look, talk to people and ask. Long term stays are almost always the problem, they can be found but usually a little money is involved. We have a base camp outside of Tucson that is $880 a year for those times we need to stay put or store gear.