Talk About Your Class B

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanFan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing more about real-life experiences with "bona fide" Class B set-ups.

Fifteen years ago, owning a van--any van was a dream. I had $2K to spend, and ended up spending $3K on the '96 low top conversion van we still thoroughly enjoy. It is darn near perfect in most respects, but as the van gets older and so do we, I am starting to think about a Class B. I'm even thinking it would be nice sometimes to cook inside (gasp) sometimes. Or, perhaps, stand up (LOL).

I would really like to hear what B owners see as the best/worst features. Thanks!

I have an older BVan, my second, total ownership years almost 16.

Between time with late husband and now in widowed life, there are about 200,000 miles spent, and I think it’s the best way to travel.

If you consider one, stick with a well maintained older model, as in addition to exorbitant price the bells and whistles on the newer ones are just a pia, from what I read and can glean.

Simpler is better, imo.

And, I have seen many, many travel vans that are as comfortable and well equipped as brand names, made completely by owner, so those are a much less expensive option.