stay positive

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ichiban

Reaction score
1603028295969.jpgI made it to Portland and I saw a RV trailer lose a 100 watt flat solar panel off the roof.  i think it was I 84 east.  Dirty city but free.  Singapore was immaculately clean but you'd get some serious punishment for graffiti.
 So many vehicle dwellers.  I could see how some of the people who have been doing this for years may feel animosity towards Bob Wells.  I appreciate how altruistic he is.   
I can see how a new full timer could crash and burn.  stuff keeps breaking.  my dog barks at every dog he sees.  I had to start using a choker on him.  he does not like that after 8 years.  i should have choked him from the start but I wanted him to be as happy as possible.  it's going to be tough but I'll get my groove.  exercising the dog more is tomorrows goal.

Attachments

• 1603028295969.jpg
    1603028295969.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
When I was stealthing in my pickup my German Shepherd Dog gave me away every time. But no need for the fancy locks some are installing. One look at those large teeth and snapping jaws was all it took. I could be nice as pie and left the dog to do the dirty work.

On chokers, I regret ever using a choker on my GSD. Sure I had control, but I feel that I should have found another way.  I also used a black fabric muzzle for walking through crowds etc, not too noticable but effective to prevent the lunges, barks, and bites, short time use only like 10 minutes or so since they cannot drink or pant when wearing a fabric muzzle. The muzzle also promoted best behavior for some reason, like he was strutting his stuff. Also used a reward after every time with the muzzle, so he saw it as an exercise and not a punishment.

Enjoy each day with your animal, they are such a blessing.
-crofter

we found a nice place up in the coastal forest of Oregon where he could blow off some energy. his hips are getting bad. my only complaint is that it appears the inhabitants here already have intentionally moved debris into the road to obscure the free camping area. my spot is so close to the road but I was tired of driving so I set up camp and unloaded the trail bike to find a better spot and discovered this. I considered moving obstructions from the roadway but I do not want to ruffle any feathers. a change for me. East of Eden he wrote something about a man who hates himself spreads hate like butter on warm toast.

I hope you have found Sandy River Delta dog park by now if you are still in PDX. Great place for dogs.
-crofter

I don't think I'd be concerned about moving crap that someone deliberately put in the road to block people from access to free PUBLIC campsites.