[split] [split] SE GTG April in Alabama

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becida

Reaction score
The SE GTG (southeast get together) is going to be the second week in April by Stevenson Alabama. https://goo.gl/maps/7mBPjLvYKv62
It generally last a couple of weeks.
They do most of the communication on face book, (SE GTG) or if you know cuzzin dick from the vandweller or vandweller_construction lists at yahoo.

I spent 2 weeks there last year, I went from the west coast just to be there. It was nice to meet different people & on a personal note it changed my life forever (I met my bride).

FWIW right now I believe there are vandweller folks down by Lake City Florida at Cobb Camp if you're looking for people.

IS there any more info on this event?

Location, dates, etc.... Parking rates, fees, details??????

Very interested.

Aside from being interested in attending I have no affiliation with this group or gathering. This is the basic right up from the "SE GTG" Facebook posting.

The official Spring SEGTG has been scheduled for the middle 2 weeks of April . It will be again held at Raccoon Creek Wildlife Management and Rec area, near Stevenson, Alabama. 14 day stay limit, free, no amenities (Bring your own water and toilet provisions, no electric) . This will be the 3rd or 4 th time we have met here, and it's a great site right on the Tennessee River ( bring your kayak/canoe). Any size rig will fit, and the road in , while a bit rough( pothole/washboard gravel road), is easily passable by any vehicle. Good phone signal with Verizon and ATT. Even decent tv reception if you are so inclined. There are stores within 3-4 miles and several attractions for day trips, including the Lodge Factory store ( cast iron cookware) and a national park. Chattanooga is about an hour or so with museums, civil war history, Choo Choo , etc. weather can be 50-80 days and 30-50 nights, so plan accordingly. There are directions , GP's coordinates and maps scattered throughout the posts here ...

I just might be able to make this, bit of a drive but not as far as New York.

MM

We've been having a really good time out here and Northeast Alabama at Southeast get together here is a link to a video...

:) Thanks for the link.  The first get together in AL that I know of and I had to miss it.  Everyone looked so happy and I missed the beans and cornbread too!  Maybe Queenie and I will get our selves together and be able to travel sometime in May.

Jewellann