[split] Intro--Stuck and Thinking of Buying a Class B

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassBRV

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a used Class B RV and living in it for a year or more.  I have a home, but sometimes, I just feel stuck.  There is so much I want to see, and I feel tied down.  I want to work on the road, but I don't know what to do.  I have an education degree, so subbing is a possibility.  I would feel so guilty buying a fancy RV, but it also seems to a way to achieve the freedom I want. Anyone feel the same way? :-/

Are you stuck because you can't afford the home and the RV?

What about buying a van and outfitting it yourself instead of buying a class B RV?

If you're feeling guilty about spending the money, and you can afford it, then set the guilt aside and go live your life!  If you're currently teaching, maybe you start off by just RVing in the summer months when school is out of session?

Don't feel guilty about it at all. It's an affordable, comfortable, and reasonable way to travel. I'm leaving for a month on the road next Weds.

There are Class B vans in all price ranges that ought to suit your needs. You don't need to spend a fortune for a B-van. Go for it!

Guilt is just imposed on us by exterior societal expectations.

You have EVERY RIGHT to go out and live life...no one ever got to their death bed and felt guilty about doing too much, but some arrived there wishing they'd done more!!!

I was feeling guilty about spending so much money.  My later post shows that I finally found an affordable option! said:
Can you tell us what you feel guilty about?

What they said. I felt guilty about a real RV, too. So many can't afford one and are struggling to just survive and I show up in what many would call an RV McMansion? But I finally just did it. Now I have to get up the nerve to attend a gathering here.

Edit: just saw the date on the original post. Sigh. Now I feel guilty AND stupid!

Nobody is judged here. :angel:
Whether you're in a $200K diesel pusher or a $200 beater.
We're all just part of the tribe. ;)

rvpopeye said:
Nobody is judged here. :angel:
Whether you're in a $200K diesel pusher or a $200 beater.
We're all just part of the tribe. ;)

Bwa ha ha.  Stinkin' Badges!

You can show up at any GTG without any worries.
You may get a LOT of ooooo's and aaaahhhhh's and requests for a look inside though.

If you want to learn more about the "Stinkin' Badges" come on down to the "You Ain't Right"club thread. "Take your shoes off and set a spell" (Start at post #1 for a ride on the crazy train......)Maybe you belong?

Stargazer said:
What they said.  I felt guilty about a real RV, too.  So many can't afford one and are struggling to just survive and I show up in what many would call an RV McMansion? But I finally just did it.  Now I have to get up the nerve to attend a gathering here.

Edit:  just saw the date on the original post.  Sigh.  Now I feel guilty AND stupid!

You can do it!  I'm trying to let go of the guilt and find an affordable option.  I'll have to check the gatherings too.

Latest posts