Some of my jewelry

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalartist

Reaction score
I especially enjoy designing Celtic Jewelry.  I plan on selling my jewelry at Renaissance fairs in the coming years.

" What am I doing wrong?"

did you read the link to Tips, Tricks, and Rules you were given with your post in the "Newcomers corner"?

it's important information and walks you through posting pictures step by step.

highdesertranger

Thanks, I found the part on posting pictures. I’ll have to figure out this using my IPhone.

Metalartist said:
Thanks, I found the part on posting pictures.  I’ll have to figure out this using my IPhone.
I gave up on my android. I think I might need to edit permissions for the browser I'm using. But even then, my phone didnt come with a utility to resize photos, and I'm not willing to get yet another app for the single puropse of adding pics in the forum.

Good luck to you, though!

Ravella isn't there a way to set the size(Number of pixels) before you even take the picture? highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Ravella isn't there a way to set the size(Number of pixels) before you even take the picture?  highdesertranger
That will not necessary be useful.  The minimum picture size on my cheap Samsung A5 is 6 meg.

If you have those photos them saved on a free photo sharing website just include a link to that location.

highdesertranger said:
Ravella isn't there a way to set the size(Number of pixels) before you even take the picture?  highdesertranger
I just looked through all possible camera settings and there aren't options for small. Just big, bigger and biggest. There was a time when I would eagerly attack this issue and conquer it. Not anymore though -- life is short and I have better things to do with my time (like afternoon naps in the sunny cat-spot).

Most phones will allow cropping, as in cutting off parts of the picture, but will not allow shrinking of the image. I've tried a number of phone apps and none of them will do that sort of task.

Okay, here are some of my pieces.

Follow the links to my new flickr account. Let me know if you have any issues loading them up?

Metalartist.

You don't explain what you are meaning by a trailer. Are you wanting something with which to store camping gear securely and out of the weather or are you thinking of an enclosed space with room for sleeping, etc? Are you planning on building the trailer?

Personally I would go for a minivan where i would be able to sleep or drive at the drop of a hat, cook, have a permanent work space... I've done bicycle touring and there have been many times when there was foul weather that I wish I could have just turned on the wipers and turned the heater up a notch.

And there is the safety factor of the van over an inexperienced rider on a big bike pulling a trailer. You do NOT come out of a class as an experienced rider.

Guy

Whoops! Wrong thread on ^.

Nice work on the jewelry.

Guy

That is some fine work!
The third piece, how'd you do the stripe?

I'm interested in all sorts of crafts and have looked into various types of metal working, including etching.
I am a little envious, it's a nice craft and doesn't require a workshop of tools.

Maybe one day we'll cross paths and I can see how it's done!

Hey Uncle,

So I cut out 3 pieces and soldered the pieces together. After soldering, I sawed a circle out to form half the sphere with a jewelers saw. After that I used a dapping block to form half the sphere of the bead. For the back I just used cooper for the second half of the sphere. The final solder was to join the two half pieces. Lots of filing, sanding and polishing to make the smooth bead.

I plan on running classes at RtR events for free, so we definitely will get together in the future. Looking forward to meeting you.