Solar Technicians

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarenTaos

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for good and honest Solar installation in either the New Mexico, Colorado or Austin, TX areas? I would try to do any of it on my own, but I'm completely inept. I need someone to help trouble shoot the 2 panels I already have as well as install one more and explain how everything works in layman's terms, Ha! I appreciate any advice!

~KarenTaos (or wherever I happen to be)

If you've got time and aren't leaving soon, I'd recommend learning from this site. I was in the same boat, literally didn't know a thing about solar when I started. Thanks to this website I've done it all myself.

Another big thing for doing it yourself is that you learn your system. When something does go wrong, or it's time for maintenance, you'll know where to check and what to do because you're the one who installed. If you can't solve the issue yourself, just come back to the wealth of knowledge here and it'll most likely be solved.

can you post a pic of the labels on the back of the panels. we can start from there. come to the RTR and you will get hands on knowledge about everything solar, batteries and such. you can even get help with the installation. highdesertranger

I fear that most solar technicians have only experience with installations on buildings, and I'm not sure they would be the best people to work on RVs or vans.  To find people with that kind of experience, you'd want to go where there are a lot of RVs - AZ and FL are possibly the most likely places.  Possibly there are some people near the Escapee's campus in Livingston TX, though I'm not sure where that is in relation to Austin.  You might do a post on their forum asking about it.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
I fear that most solar technicians have only experience with installations on buildings, and I'm not sure they would be the best people to work on RVs or vans.  To find people with that kind of experience, you'd want to go where there are a lot of RVs - AZ and FL are possibly the most likely places.  Possibly there are some people near the Escapee's campus in Livingston TX, though I'm not sure where that is in relation to Austin.  You might do a post on their forum asking about it.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

That's very helpful, Thank you!

highdesertranger said:
can you post a pic of the labels on the back of the panels.  we can start from there.  come to the RTR and you will get hands on knowledge about everything solar,  batteries and such.  you can even get help with the installation.  highdesertranger

Thank you, thank you! Will do!

Oopslala said:
If you've got time and aren't leaving soon, I'd recommend learning from this site.  I was in the same boat, literally didn't know a thing about solar when I started.  Thanks to this website I've done it all myself.

Another big thing for doing it yourself is that you learn your system.  When something does go wrong, or it's time for maintenance, you'll know where to check and what to do because you're the one who installed.  If you can't solve the issue yourself, just come back to the wealth of knowledge here and it'll most likely be solved.

Thank you! I only have 2weeks, but I'll see what I can get done! I appreciate your time!