Solar Repair Reccomendation near Santa Fe or Espanola NM

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unitic

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a nomad friend who is camped between Santa Fe and Espanola and has developed a problem with his RV solar system.  He thinks it may be a wiring problem, but would really like to visit a professional for repair.  Would anyone have any recommendations in that region?  Thanks in advance for your help!

He might want to join up and post the details. Folks here aren't professional but the combined knowledge can figure out quite a bit - and will very likely be a help at least.

Thx Douglas.  I told him about the forum.  Another nomad friend of ours was able to meet him at the Espanola Walmart and determined it was a bad solar controller.  He has since ordered a new one from Amazon.

^^I really like the front page of your website Unitic, and also what I have read of your blog. Thanks! Also, you forgot the "L" in your username here...bad joke? Take it easy!

If anyone has solar problems in Northern NM & no help from tribe member, call Aloha RV in Albuquerque, ask to be transferred to the Bernalillo office. I believe their solar guy's name is JD. 34 yrs experience in solar industry. Pricey, but may be negotiable. 130 hr. 

Santa Fe RV charges 110 hr, but they were booked months in advance during this busy time of year.

Thanks Wabbit! :) While I am certainly a bit looney, my user name is just my trail name from when I hiked the Appalachian Trail. I continue to use it so I don't have to remember multiple names. Glad you like the website...almost took it down a few months ago since I haven't kept up with the blog, but figured I will get back to it eventually and there are still some good articles and links there. Hope to see you down the road...

Solar controllers don't like wet, and if the battery connection gets loose that can also damage them. That's why they say to always connect the battery before the panels.

Thx for the good info Folks! We think he may have fried his controller when a new battery was recently added and the proper connection sequence was not followed. We'll find out next week when his new controller arrives.

I have not seen the controller, but I do not think it has a display other than indicator lights. His new one will.

^^Santa Fe RV charges 110 hr, but they were booked months in advance during this busy time of year.
[/quote]

I just had a horrendous experience at Santa Fe RV. Disrespectful and rude. The work had to be done over **by someone who cared**.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just had a horrendous experience at Santa Fe RV.  Disrespectful and rude.  The work had to be done over **by someone who cared**.  

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Sorry you had a bad experience, but good you let people know. Their rates are too high for me. If you can recommend someone in Santa Fe please let us know who that is.