Solar Panel Mounts

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baleswolf

Reaction score
I have purchased the Renogy drill-free mounts for my Promaster van solar panel install. I am seeking input as the roof is not flat and the ribs might pose a problem regarding a secure adhesion. Anyone go this route with a Promaster?

Just finished helping friend mount panels on the roof of a Sprinter. Roof has a curve and stiffening ribs. We chose not to use the drill free mounts as they just did not fit on the roof. Simple fix was two strips of 75mm X 75mm aluminium angle direct to roof using Sixaflex 291. We returned the drill free mounts for store credit.

Baleswolf said:
One more question...where did you purchase the aluminum?

Local hardware store.   They also cut it to length for me.   $2 extra well spent to save me mucking around with hand tools trying to do a neat job.

just a tip hardware stores charge at least double what you pay for raw metal at a metal supply company. highdesertranger

If you just need two pieces? Cut to size it may be better than traveling to a "Joseph Fazzio, Inc"