Social security

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would like to hear this as well as i just read that GOP plan to cut $1.5 trillion from the budget and raise age of retirement to 69! Seemingly all so they can cut taxes on the wealthy again :(
A higher percentage of "Older People" usually votes in elections. If you want your voice to be heard, you should vote. No matter who you support, the fact that you voted gives "your demographic group" greater political weight.

Seems hard to believe there are enough wealthy to elect people that wish to get rid of or reduce Social Security with all the additional problems, pain and suffering doing so would cause.
Democracy is fragile. It only takes good people doing nothing (i.e. not voting) for people with bad/selfish intentions to get their way. After that, it's Hell getting it turned around again.

At the risk of being smacked by the Moderators, remember that in the early 1930s Germany was a Republic with democratic processes in place. Then there was that one election...

Agreed, dhuff.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”…Edmund Burke/John Stuart Mill

We need to vote, we need to be aware of what is being proposed and take appropriate action so that our voices are heard and substantive changes not made without us, that affect us.

Keep in mind that he's making money from his videos.

Also keep in mind that citizens had no choice when SS was forced on them. Of course, Democrats are completely incapable of thinking through ANYTHING, and eliminating it would now be disastrous.

^^^Seems like the majority of the Republican party is self-destructing more each day. Most independent thinking Republicans are leaving the party or becoming invisible.

By the way... I wonder what percentage of Americans have figured out where all of the money our politicians are spending comes from?

Do you know?

They're creating it out of thin air. It doesn't exist. If you and I did that, it would be illegal, but when the Clintons and the Bidens (etc) do it, it's nothing. It's you and I who pay for it with higher prices. And then our economy crashes, and the dummies still can't figure it out. They just listen to the politician's lies and excuses, and believe them. Never mind their big grins when they turn away from the microphones.

By the way... I wonder what percentage of Americans have figured out where all of the money our politicians are spending comes from?

Do you know?

They're creating it out of thin air. It doesn't exist. If you and I did that, it would be illegal, but when the Clintons and the Bidens (etc) do it, it's nothing. It's you and I who pay for it with higher prices. And then our economy crashes, and the dummies still can't figure it out. They just listen to the politician's lies and excuses, and believe them. Never mind their big grins when they turn away from the microphones.
This seems like partisan political content which, for example, ignores the increase in national debt by Trump, Bush, Reagan, etc. ("Over the past 60 years, nearly every U.S. president has run a record budget deficit at some point, with former Presidents Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and George W. Bush running the largest U.S. budget deficits in history." U.S. Debt by President: Dollar and Percentage ). Money is, by its nature, an illusionary (or possibly illusory, depending on one's definition of reality) construct of humans, just as are bitcoin, gold (except for limited industrial uses), stocks, corporations, the law, etc. If we used cocoa powder as our currency, we could always make hot chocolate if we desired, no matter how much the "currency" devalued. (One could use paper money as kindling for a fire; coins are difficult to ignite.) I prefer to judge politicians by their actions, especially as regards social security, and a reduction in SS benefits would cause economic hardship for millions of people.

Mentioning Clinton is the most deceiving, because Clinton was on the way to eliminate all fed debt by around 2010. The future absence of Fed treasuries as a secure investment option was even a campaign issue in 2000. Obama inherited the fiscal disaster of 2008 and stupid wars.