Sleep direction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 36441

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get teased for this, but does anybody make a point to park so that they sleep with their head pointed East? Most of the "ex-spurts" recommend it. I never had a problem until I read about it, and now I can't ignore it!

I think it has something to do with the Sun's energy and gravity pulling you up out of bed in the morning.
I'm ok pointed North and South but when I'm pointed West I toss and turn all night.

Just call me Chancie Gardener.

Last edited:
Don't have an answer to your actual question, but you reminded me of what I used to say (borrowed, of course) when being introduced as an expert: "An 'ex' is a has-been, and a 'spurt' is a slow drip under pressure." Oh my. Those were the days.

Carry on...

I'm probably going to get teased for this, but does anybody make a point to park so that they sleep with their head pointed East? The "ex-spurts" recommend it. I never had a problem until I read about it, and now I can't avoid it!

I think it has to do with the Sun's energy and gravity pulling you up out of bed in the morning.
I'm ok pointed North and South but when I'm pointed West I toss and turn all night.

Just call me Chancie Gardener.
If I have the choice - and sometimes I don't - I like to park my van facing west, which means that my head is in the north (my bed is crossways) and I have a view to the east when the sun comes up. But really, it doesn't matter to me all that much. My ability to sleep is affected much more by how active I've been than anything else.