Sleep deprived

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decodancer

Reaction score
As most of you know, I've started my stint working at Amazon for the Christmas season and all three Poodles came with me. I had planned to leave my Standard Gable with a friend but saw his face looking out the window as I backed out of the driveway. Zero hour change of plans, he was in the van on the way to Kentucky. It's actually working out better than expected. The campground is extremely dog friendly and backs up to state park trails so he's getting lots of off leash time.
The four of us are living in my converted high top van. I left my travel trailer at the summer job. The bed is 32 inches wide and 80 inches long and yes we all fit but just barely. Thank goodness a Standard Poodle can fold into a compact package, Gable gets most of the bottom 2 feet and the Toys sleep under the blanket beside me.
I'm adapting to working the 5:30 pm to 4 Am night shift but sleeping in the daytime is a challenge. I chose the night shift because of the dogs figuring I'd have a few daylight hours to exercise them. I found a dog walker who comes at 9 pm and that part is working out well. I walk them when I get home but they still don't understand why I'm not up at daylight. I wake up with Cricket on my chest washing my eyes out after maybe four hours of sleep. They're winning the battle so far, they get a good run and breakfast and if I'm lucky, they let me go back to sleep for two more hours.
Liza as always is my problem child. She has this ear piercing high pitched bark that she must have gotten from her father. Imagine a fire alarm going off two feet from your ear while you're sound asleep. Not fun let me tell you. This morning she paid a visit to the five horses that live on the property. Luckily they are used to dogs and ignored her but once again Liza has to be kept on leash for her own safety.
Just the ramblings of a sleep deprived woman, they're worth every ounce of trouble.

My Judy is working at Reno the same shift you are.

I keep telling her it's a marathon and not a sprint so conserve your energy for the finish line.

Your lucky to have such loving companions to care for them and who care for you!
Bob

Good thing I read on, was wondering what a standard Gable was[emoji1][emoji251] I had one myself [emoji20]

I hope that your pups get adjusted to your new schedule soon so that you can get some sleep! LOL

Can't live without them, though, huh?:D

I'm grateful that my English Mastiff is so lazy! Getting up to eat is the height of his activity for the day. lol The only disturbance he creates is when he has a lively dream. The TT rocks from it, like an earthquake!