Simplifying a Van Purchase

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastump317

Reaction score
Watched Bob's Q&A from last year about purchasing a van, but have a couple of questions.
First, the advice he gave seemed to be mostly for minivan purchases. Getting one later than the year 2000;with mileage not over 100-120,000;for  around $3500. I was wondering if there are similar parameters for purchasing a cargo van? (I tend to over complicate things and fear I will do that with a van purchase).
Second question, it's mentioned that you don't want to buy a van that has been "beat to death". I assume he's talking about one made for deliveries. How can you tell one has been "beat to death"?
Will continue to research on forums and videos.
Thanks, and stay healthy! :shy:

"beat to death" - you will know it when you see one in this condition.

There's no detailing or magic spray that can overcome "beat to death".

Clean and shiny, still "beat to death".

Good van hunting.

Drive a new van. Then drive some old vans. You will soon be able to tell which ones have been beat to death.

Wheen you drive a van that has been beat to death, it shakes so bad you just know it..

mastump317 said:
I assume he's talking about one made for deliveries. How can you tell one has been "beat to death"?
Will continue to research on forums and videos.

Nothing beats the opinion of a good car mechanic. Whichever van you think you will buy, have it checked by a mechanic you trust. They will tell you if it is worth its salt, and whatever troubles you might be in for.
Good luck.

If the seller doesn't want your mechanic to check it over, just day goodbye.