shipping address?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
What do I use for a Shipping address when i shop online ?
I'm having stuff shipped to my mom's now but she will be leaving us and
so I need a shipping  address.

I understand many services charge a small fee for receiving packages but usually if you know anyone maybe a former employer or store you shopped regularly they will receive them for you.

Find the nearest UPS store and check with them about receiving packages for you.  I don't think you need to sign up for a mailbox.  They will charge a per package fee.

My stuff goes to my mail forwarder. Then I have them send it general delivery to the handiest post office. It might not be the cheapest or quickest way, but it's easy.

RVSue posted the other day about UPS and FedEx delivering to her trailer while camped at an LTVA. They deliver to most regular campgrounds, too, since the place has an address and your site has a number. They also deliver in Slab City, but you need to give your spot an address. The "streets" have names, you just pick an unused number.

If ordering from Amazon they will ship to an Amazon locker.  So if you live near one (or will be passing one) that could be an option.

You can also buy from Walmart.com and they will ship (transfer, actually) to any WM you want, no shipping charge.  It will be bundled up in teh old Layaway are in the back, waiting for you.

Many chains, not just Walmart, have "ship to store" options, frequently with free shipping no minimum. General Delivery works if you know it will be shipped USPS. A relative handles my mail and small packages from china, and sends me a flat-rate box to general delivery when I ask.

We get pretty lucky with the Post Offices in little towns. They will take shipments from UPS and Fed EX using general delivery for address. If that wont work use their street address also. One post office even had a sheet you would sign saying they were authorized to accept it. We always go in person and ask. I doubt it would work in big cities. In Carlsbad we used a pac and ship and they charged two dollars a box. Twice we were in state parks that accepted deliveries for us.

MrNoodly said:
My stuff goes to my mail forwarder. Then I have them send it general delivery to the handiest post office. It might not be the cheapest or quickest way, but it's easy.

RVSue posted the other day about UPS and FedEx delivering to her trailer while camped at an LTVA. They deliver to most regular campgrounds, too, since the place has an address and your site has a number. They also deliver in Slab City, but you need to give your spot an address. The "streets" have names, you just pick an unused number.

Would you be willing to share that mail forwarder?  That is one of my issues, you can't order from ebay without a confirmed address.  So it would be impossible to have it sent to wherever I was, so a remailer may be more ideal.  Is the mail forwarder in the same state you have your car insurance?  Wouldn't those have to be the same?

I have been googling for a mail forwarder near Kansas City, Missouri-have been not having much luck. There is one listed"Goin'Postal on NW Prairie View Rd. near I-29.  I have family in the area and will be coming back here periodically...once I get rid of the house. :huh: