Share one weird/odd/unusual thing about yourself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has to be a story behind getting those bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That brings up another weird thing about me. I have a motorcycle phobia. I just cant ride one, even as a passenger. I forced myself to once but the nice young man who gave me the 20mph one block ride said that he couldnt take my screams. Oh well. The weird thing is that I am ok with scooters but only up until around 25mph.

slynne said:
That brings up another weird thing about me. I have a motorcycle phobia. I just cant ride one, even as a passenger.

That's interesting.....are you able to handle roller coaster rides and boats? Some similar sensations there.

Many people feel more at ease riding in a sidecar, most people giggle and laugh...its fun.

I have no problems with roller coasters other than being too fat to ride some of them. No problems with boats either, even jetskis, which seem like they might be similar. It is a pretty irrational fear. If I ever get the opportunity to ride in a side car though, I am going to take it!

Speaking of motorcycles and snow, I used to watch a guy ride by the auto parts store I worked at every day, rain or shine or snow, on a two wheeled motorcycle.  He used to come into the store every so often to buy something, and I noticed that his English, while good, had a decided German accent.

Talking to other regular customers who knew him, I was told that he was a former Luftwaffe pilot from World War 2 (this was in the seventies) and that he was from a circus family and had been a trapeze artist and high wire walker before the war.  They swore they had seen him come out of a bar so drunk he could barely walk straight, and do a handstand on the handlebars of his BMW.  He just had the most incredible sense of balance.

My badge didn't start to stink until I started to wear it.  

I got mine from a guy named Bill Engval.  He asked me for directions, and after a minute or two, he said "Here's you Badge"!  Nice huh?   It DOES say "STUPID" on it though.  Stupid Badge!

THAT BADGE HAS GONE BAD !
You need to bury it ASAP or you will become infected !!!!!!!

If you don't , you will have to
undergo clinical disinfection which is a series of extremely painful injections of gasoline with a size 99 needle.........

Bill is of course a charter member in "You Ain't Right" but likes to mess with people by passing out the "Stupid Badge" instead.

[quote='highdesertranger Wrote: you know what..............YOU ALL AIN"]

I presume I'm entitled to a badge of some sort, yes? :)
[/quote]

Sorry, I had a brain fart.   :blush:

Attachments

• BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    BadgePH082StinkinBadge.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
Just caught up with this thread. Had a couple good chuckles. I'm thinking we could put together an improved talent show next RTR.

TMG51 said:
Just caught up with this thread.  Had a couple good chuckles. I'm thinking we could put together an improved talent show next RTR.

I LIKE this idea....anyone wanna juggle chainsaws in my sidecar while I 'fly the chair'?

:p

TMG51 said:
I'm thinking we could put together an improved talent show next RTR.
Don't know if we can improve on this much.  We're freakin hilarious! 

Now, improvised ... that would be something.  

Right now, I'm impersonating my 12th grade English teacher.   Bless her heart.   :D :cool:

Of course, while it's in motion. Of course I've seen the video.

Starts at 2:11 in this video:

Can be...but will it be?

Putts said:
Of course, while it's in motion. Of course I've seen the video.

Starts at 2:11 in this video:

Can be...but will it be?

Yes thats the one.

I can tell you its difficult to fly the chair in a left hand circuit with someone on board...and you cant tell it from the video, but it requires a fair amount of strength in the arms to hold it there.

The rider has to 'force' the bars to keep the chair in the air like that.

Its a learned, practiced, skill, and yes, I can do it.

But my arms do get tired and then guess what, gravity takes over!

Was that a backpedal?   :D

My buddy Paul decided to show off one day and pull into my driveway with the chair in the air. A slight miscalculation and it came down hard. Can't remember what now, but it busted something in his drive train and the hack sat in my driveway for two weeks as parts arrived. Yeah, it take quite a bit of strong-arming to skipper a hack much less fly the chair.

Also, faceplanting in a monkey suit would be entertaining for the audience but might take a bit too much out of my old bones. 

I'll back pedal with you.

Putts said:
Was that a backpedal?   :D

My buddy Paul decided to show off one day and pull into my driveway with the chair in the air. A slight miscalculation and it came down hard. Can't remember what now, but it busted something in his drive train and the hack sat in my driveway for two weeks as parts arrived. Yeah, it take quite a bit of strong-arming to skipper a hack much less fly the chair.

Backpedal? No......no backpedaling but the Ural does have a reverse gear... :p

As far as something breaking, that's just weird....the dang things are built like a tank...I can lift the sidecar up while standing beside it, and then slam the hack down as hard as I can and nothing will break...I've done it many times.

Not to say that they are bullet-proof tho...so who knows...