Share one weird/odd/unusual thing about yourself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen

Reaction score
Come on, we all have one not-quite-normal thing, what's yours?

For me:

I'm a weirdo, I am an ocular albino (there are two kinds of albinism, one is hair/skin/ eyes, one is eyes only - that's me), my eyes have almost no color except a dark blue ring on the outside, so they reflect whatever color is nearby, they're mostly pale green, but in bright sunshine they're yellow. My best friend in high school and beyond would say they freaked her out when they turned yellow "devil eyes".

243884-Sarcasm-I-Put-That-Shit-On-Everything.jpg

I have been blessed with unusually good eyesight. Recently, I noticed that my eyes have been getting worse so I had them checked. 20/20. so my vision has aged into the normal range. When I was younger though, it was nice because I could read street signs that were blocks away. I of course used to assume everyone could see as well as me so there were often instances were I could see something others couldn't like freighter names. I might say, "That boat is the FRONTENAC from Canada" and my friends would all be like "How can you know that?" I would say, "It has a Canadian flag and the ship's name is painted right on it, can't you see?"

Oh well. I dont have that superpower anymore but at least I still dont need glasses.

Queen said:

For me:

I'm a weirdo, I am an ocular albino (there are two kinds of albinism, one is hair/skin/ eyes, one is eyes only - that's me), my eyes have almost no color except a dark blue ring on the outside, so they reflect whatever color is nearby, they're mostly pale green, but in bright sunshine they're yellow. My best friend in high school and beyond would say they freaked her out when they turned yellow "devil eyes".

I am an Immortalist and Transhumanist among many others. I am a cryopreservation member of Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

http://www.alcor.org/

Just in case anyone asks, the library has all the answers to all your questions if you have any regarding this choice, and covers virtually every aspect of being cryopreserved.

Michael T. said:
I am an Immortalist and Transhumanist among many others. I am a cryopreservation member of Alcor Life Extension Foundation.

http://www.alcor.org/

Just in case anyone asks, the library has all the answers to all your questions if you have any regarding this choice, and covers virtually every aspect of being cryopreserved.

Fascinating!  I've only met one other Transhumanist, very cool to meet a second.

Queen said:
I'm a weirdo, I am an ocular albino (there are two kinds of albinism, one is hair/skin/ eyes, one is eyes only - that's me), my eyes have almost no col

Oh neat Queen! I want to see! We need photos!!!!!

this is a new thing,last couple years,you know that white embryonic cord thing on eggs? it's not a must have but given the chance i will scoop that stuff out

Cammalu said:
Oh neat Queen!  I want to see!  We need photos!!!!!

It was super noticeable when I was younger, my eyes were similar to Meg Foster.  But as I've aged and gotten significant cataracts (kind of a side effect to the albinism) they just look pale grrenish blue.  Although they still get freaky yellow in direct sunlight.

Queen said:

I can move my hang-lows individually.

What. You asked.

Queen said:

I have a genetic blood-clotting disorder.

In medical terms, "the mutation is a guanine (G) to adenine (A) substitution at position 20210 of the DNA of the prothrombin gene."

Put another way, my body produces approximately 30% more prothrombin than people without this mutation. The result is hypercoagulability, i.e., an increased risk for blood clot formation in the legs (deep-vein thrombosis, or DVT) and for those clots to dislodge from the legs and travel to my lungs (pulmonary embolism, or PE).

Though I had no symptoms into my late 40's, over the past 7-years I've suffered two incidents of pulmonary embolism (PE). Both times I was in extreme pain on every breath. If this makes any sense, the pain was so severe that I had no fear of death; all I wanted was to be able to breathe without feeling like an ice pick was being thrust into my chest.

Because I've experienced 2 incidents within a relatively short span of time, I've been told that I'll have to take anticoagulant medication for the rest of my life.

I had one of the rarest eye defects known with the iris attached to the lens until they fixed it last year.

Queen, my eyes are green and turn yellow but I don't think as much as yours may. They definitely change color.

I have freckles on my irises and have never eaten a bean - other than pnuts :eek:)

TMG51 said:
I can move my hang-lows individually.

What. You asked.

Well I asked Queen for photos of her eyes but I don't think I had better ask you to post photos of that [emoji15]

i watched paint dry on walls 3 times,2 hrs. each,,,,when the Mfgs. say mix well,,,THATS WHAT THEY MEAN,,,i noticed the drying patterns were markedly different. on the third tray i only put 1/2 as much in the reservoir in the roller tray and stirred the paint with a mixer on a power drill. if your gonna do a lot of painting get one of those drill mixers. the first time you use one you will understand.

These are some good ones, we are a bunch of cool weirdos!

I still can't believe everyone doesn't stamp up to wipe. That's not the weird part though, the weird part is that I get abit irrationally worked up about it when I imagine people sitting and wiping. How can you get in there and get clean if you aren't using both hands?!? That's just weird.

A bidet of course Wabbit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk