Shaking hands with the California Mouse (Disneyland)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraciAnn

Reaction score
So my partner wants to take the whole family down to Disneyland for Christmas, I do not relish the idea of driving the RV in the city streets. Who has stayed in LA and can suggest a decent priced campground (that would be happy to have teenagers) near the city. We plan on doing Disneyland, Manhattan Beach, The Science Center (I gotta see the space shuttle) The tar pits, and maybe the Getty. So someplace centrally located.

Thanks
Traci-Ann

I'm not all that familiar with L.A., but down in Orange County, you're looking largely at state and regional parks. A quick Google search shows a minimum $60 a night for local RV parks. State and regional parks start around $25 per night and go up from there. The Orange County Fair Grounds in Costa Mesa run $30 a night. Stealth parking with an RV could be a bit tricky given population density. The nearest National Forest land is the Cleveland National Forest, but there is no vehicle access from the Orange County side that I'm aware of. In short, you're probably looking at spending a bit of money to visit the area.

All that said, some of the more experienced travelers who are familiar with the area may have some better advice for you.

One major piece of advice I'll give is to never, ever tell an Orange County resident (Disneyland is in Orange County by the way.) that they live in L.A. unless you're trying to insult them.

Anaheim has at least 2 rv parks, orange has one, there is featherly park in santa ana canyon, and chino hills state park has a campground. there is also one in clevland nf off Ortega hwy. there are also a couple right on the beach. also prado dam has one. boy the more I think about it the more I can think of. just do a search. if you get stumped I can come up with names. highdesertranger

OK Disneyland is in Orange County, but not in LA, got it. :blush:

Thanks

I am sure we can find someplace to stay
Last time we were in California (Northern) we were in an RV parked right next to my Dad. Then the management came out and said we could not be there because it was an adult only park. My dad said it wasn't and that kids were there all the time, but I don't think they liked my 5 teenagers. Thinking it was a party RV. Maybe at Disneyland they are used to have kids in the RV.

Gotta stay away from the 65 and older parks.

sorry I didn't make that clear. yes mouse land is in orange county in the city of Anaheim. the rv parks in Anaheim and Orange allow kids. they are close to the park. the others I mentioned are a little further away but still reasonable. a note, the campground at chino hills state park locks you in at night. highdesertranger

Latest posts