Shakedown Cruise

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B and C

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Brian and my wife's name is Cindy (aka; B and C). I am retiring the end of May at 66 1/2:D

I have been lurking here for quite some time and on other sites to get ideas for on-the-road living. In the summer of 2013, I bought a new to us 2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile. It was in need of some tender loving care. We took a trip that included a couple of nights in Yellowstone NP (yipee!). That trip showed that some mods were needed to make it work for us. I have stolen liberally from this site as well as some others to make them:angel:

Thank you Bob for making this site available. You are an inspiration to not only myself, but I am sure to a lot of others.

We are planning on attending this years Winter RTR. This will be a shakedown trip to see what does and doesn't work and what we can do without and what we need.
Since I am still working, we may get there a little early and leave before the official end. We will be coming from near Houston.

We look forward to meeting everyone there!

B & C

Welcome to the CRVL forums Brian and Cindy! Sounds like a great plan. Hope to see you at the RTR!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

B & C,
Welcome to the forum. I won't be going to RTR this year unfortunately. My general advice to you is to use the van, then figure out what you need, what you like and what you don't like. Check out other people's rigs and talk to them. So many things I thought were great ideas I found later don't really work.

It's a great opportunity to learn, not only about the lifestyle, but also RoadTreks. There are at least a couple of knowledgeable RoadTrek owners that usually attend. And there is an annual RoadTrek gathering in Quartzsite about the same time.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks to all. I am probably packing to much, but I live by the adage that I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it....

See all (most) of you soon.

After each trip you'll toss more unnecessary stuff out of the van lol. Welcome to the group, and to the world of retirement...

or start combining them with multitools and multipurpose use items. i will eventually have optimus prime stashed under my bed i think.

Welcome to the forum B and C! 

Just because (BC).
Those pesky abbreviations.

How are you doing? I heard you were able to travel some this year. I am not travelling right now, family stuff, but am in a good place.
-crofter

Necro thread!

Yep, I went to Quartzsite for about 10 weeks or so. I got a text to setup an appointment for my shot so I returned home. Getting the van ready for some Rhino lining sprayed on the entire outside of the van and then painted white. It is looking derelict after being neglected :( I'll have to hang around until April and then it will be time to leave. Yes, I am pitching some stuff too!