Shackling down my fridge

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimshade

Reaction score
Hello all. I am going to be leaving my vehicle in a friend's parking pad for regular periods of time. I won't have much of value except perhaps a nice fridge. Wondering what you all do to strap / chain / bolt that down. Would hate to save $800 and have it pulled out in a few minutes by a thief. 

Also anything on what you do for a safe for your possessions, I'm all ears  :cool:

How long do you intend to be gone? I knew a guy once that was concerned with somebody stealing his firearms. He used to take them to the pawn shop, then redeem them when he got back. He insisted that was the safest place for them.

During the days, maybe evenings, and maybe a few days in a row. 

Looks like there is a grab handle, maybe I can sling a chain through that. Maybe I can epoxy several rings or hooks? Weld or bolt together a metal cube that allows you to open the top, but not slide it out? Then I can bolt that metal cube-frame to the vehicle floor.

41C%2BB9jyHXL.jpg

V-line Slidaway security safe. Hubby said it was easy to install. Mechanical, no battery 5 button keypad.
Ted

I have a bicycle cable with combo lock through a tie down ring on back car floor through the handle - someone can take it but will need to work a little