Seriously, so you want to be in love again...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I had my happy early, and he was too perfect. Knew the worst thing about me and still made me feel like the best thing to ever happen to him. Now he's gone to the next life and honestly, it's hard not to hold guys up to him. Probably not fair, so all I have read here is telling me to rethink the dog ownership question 😂

Reminds me of the arguments (and court cases) that you hear of when there is bitter disagreement on who gets to keep the pet.

Likely that custody of the pet is not the actual issue, it is denying the other of something that they hold dear.

Also, there is no preference for custody of pets as there are for custody of children.

I think I had my happy early, and he was too perfect. Knew the worst thing about me and still made me feel like the best thing to ever happen to him. Now he's gone to the next life and honestly, it's hard not to hold guys up to him. Probably not fair, so all I have read here is telling me to rethink the dog ownership question 😂
You will figure it out. And hopefully if you do, there will be another gem!

I am in my early 70s. A long term relationship is 7 to 10 years. That means I might have another three “ Great Loves of My Of My Life” still ahead of me. Or maybe I could squeeze in a few extra as you guys don’t hold up quite as good as us women. I am of course still young at heart and beautiful ..in the eyes of the right beholder …who might be a bit deaf, blind and desperate. Two out of three of those should be sufficient.

I am in my early 70s. A long term relationship is 7 to 10 years. That means I might have another three “ Great Loves of My Of My Life” still ahead of me. Or maybe I could squeeze in a few extra as you guys don’t hold up quite as good as us women. I am of course still young at heart and beautiful ..in the eyes of the right beholder …who might be a bit deaf, blind and desperate. Two out of three of those should be sufficient.
I love this!

My criteria is are they a pleasant and mentally health person who enjoys pleasant conversations on topics of mutual interest. It usually falls apart on the mutual interest part.

When younger that is where a mutual interest in sex spans the gap of not being mutually interested in the conversational topics.

“love in the ruins” is going to be a whole lot harder to find especially if there is not a big screen TV, unlimited data plan for streaming and at least one good cook to fill in the conversational gaps. A couch or bed big enough for two helps as well.

So far I have in my nomadic travels not found the Mr. Almost Just Right so will just continue with being happily single which is itself a very good way to live.
I had no idea cooking was conversation, but in a meta mystical way, I suppose it is. Cooking for another is showing your love for them. I've felt that way cooking and felt that way cooked for, oh, how many times! That's one of the joys of cooking that seals the deal on why you would even bother in the first place. You want to do your best for another person, show your love.

I mean, I guess you could show no love, just be measuring things as a disinterested robotic scientist of cooking who doesn't care what anybody thinks, but I doubt that happens much in comparison to a good cook's desire to just do something good and really nice for someone.

Best not to show your love by feeding me too much … unless you are willing to buy me a whole new wardrobe 🎃

Of course the same thing happens if I start showing you love by cooking a lot for you. I do like my own cooking. 🐷

Last edited:
Probably so.

"Here's a bologna sandwich. The bread is a little stale. Mayo? In the fridge. Mustard? I think it's in one of those boxes, probably at the bottom. Coffee? In the pot, but you'll have to warm it up -- it's from yesterday." 😁
Hysterical!!! Yes indeedy!!

What’s for dinner honey?

Nuttin’ honey, the box of cereal is in the cabinet…

Of course you have to be old enough to remember that cereal commercial to understand the reference

Nobody ever asked me. It was another great reason to remain a vegan. Haha.
I know a very kind hearted, gentleman with excellent, non aggressive, manners, vegan around your age who would very much like having a vegan girlfriend as a traveling caravan friend. He has a truck and a newer, good sized cargo trailer. He seems to like cooking.

I know a very kind hearted, gentleman with excellent, non aggressive, manners, vegan around your age who would very much like having a vegan girlfriend as a traveling caravan friend. He has a truck and a newer, good sized cargo trailer. He seems to like cooking.
Interesting. I am always open to people although I am in no position currently to travel because of my mom. And I have no idea when my plans can even come to fruition. Once she is gone, I will need to close her estate and even though we have paperwork in order, I understand that can take time. Admittedly I am relationship shy also because of a host of reasons, but I am trying hard to work on this. Anyway, I truly believe that life will bring us what or who we are meant to have to teach us to grow and love more. 🥰

I had no idea cooking was conversation, but in a meta mystical way, I suppose it is. Cooking for another is showing your love for them. I've felt that way cooking and felt that way cooked for, oh, how many times! That's one of the joys of cooking that seals the deal on why you would even bother in the first place. You want to do your best for another person, show your love.

I mean, I guess you could show no love, just be measuring things as a disinterested robotic scientist of cooking who doesn't care what anybody thinks, but I doubt that happens much in comparison to a good cook's desire to just do something good and really nice for someone.
OK, I'm with my "last wife" (her words) for over 25 years and counting... She understands a tradesman and he's usually gotta fix it himself. But she still picks out and order stuff she wants herself. Surgeries have been expensive suprises. Knees, a hip and gall stone. Then she got dizzy and fell down a whole flight of stairs. I called 911 quick on that. Good thing she likes my cooking even when I need help in my senior moments" to choose or find something. So be willing to work and compromise. You should want and need each other some. Even with a dog and cats.

Covid changed a lot about how legal things can be handled including not having to physically sit down with lawyers, court officials, etc. at a probate hearing. Zoom meetings and mailing in notarized documents are acceptable.

OK, I'm with my "last wife" (her words) for over 25 years and counting... She understands a tradesman and he's usually gotta fix it himself. But she still picks out and orders stuff she wants herself. Surgeries have been expensive suprises. Knees, a hip and gall stone. Then she fell down a whole flight of stairs.l Good thing she likes my cooking even when I need help in my senior moments" to choose or find something to do it. So be willing to work and compromise. You should want and need each other some. It's being useful.

Latest posts