Seriously, so you want to be in love again...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

sithigh

Reaction score
OK, I'm with my "last wife" (her words) for over 25 years and counting... She understands a tradesman and he's usually gotta fix it himself. But she still picks out and orders stuff she wants herself. Surgeries have been expensive suprises. Knees, a hip and gall stone. Then she fell down a whole flight of stairs.l Good thing she likes my cooking even when I need help in my senior moments" to choose or find something to do it. So be willing to work and compromise. You should want and need each other some. It's being useful.

dreamrunnerjt

Reaction score
At my age and health, I am happy to live alone. I make all my own decisions and suffer all the consequences good or bad. I do like having friends. Friends to share meals with, friends to go places with, friends to have conversations and share ideas. Like this forum. It is my hope to be out there with all of you in a year or two. I really want to have a uhaul type truck to live in and will have to work for a year or two more to afford it unless prices go down. In the meantime I hope to see many people at Quartsite in 2023. I live in AZ and hope to be able to camp out there for a week and meet many, many people. I would do it this year but I already used up all my vacation time. Just checked it out, lots of stuff in January. Hmmmmm

RoamerRV428

Reaction score
ick post truly but funny I guess...ugh but that is me seeing it LOL
others will vary on it of course :)

maki2

Reaction score
I might be the one who sits plucking petals off a flower saying I love him, I love him not. With the high percentage of failed marriages it is an adequate enough system 🤪

Sofisintown

Reaction score
When I was young, "f-worthy" was a good enough reason to fall in love.
The older I grew, the higher my standards rose. Now I can't stand stupids, dimwits, ugly as f, braggarts, liers, meanies, and the list goes on. That leaves very few possible volunteers, residing mostly in my imagination.

maki2

Reaction score
Nowadays it is for me not just about judging others but realizing that I am unlikely to be able to live up to someone else’s expectations of the essential characteristics of the right mate for them.

Zerpersande

Reaction score
Love is an emotion caused by a biochemical cocktail that is intended to cause two humans to mate and reproduce. The seven-year itch is a real thing bc the results of bonding is more or less likely going to make it by then.

maki2

Reaction score
But what causes the cocktail... ? :unsure::p
It is thought to be caused by Oxytocin. Women have much higher levels of it than men and the way it gets processed and used by males and females seems to differ somewhat. There are a lot of scientific studies on it but Oxytocin is not fully understood. However here is a reasonably easy to read discussion of some of what is thought about it which mentions various studies.

VanGrrl57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently single and that's okay with me. I've been married and widowed both times and have 3 kids who are grown now, and my youngest is 26. If things work out and I meet another man, great! But if not, that's okay, too. I was lucky in that I never had to go through a divorce. Both my husbands were wonderful men.