Sacramento and area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamMe

Reaction score
A few places I stop for the night at:

49er Truck Plaza - $12 to park there whether you are car,truck or even.  I have never paid the $12 because you get rousted early in the morning regardless if you pay or not. - normal truck stop noises 

Walmart/24 Hour Fitness - only park on the fitness side as the Walmart is not 24 hours. I have strealth slept there in my van but they rousted a small trailer there. They didn't even look my way. Late in Early out.

WinCo Elk Grove - I park out of the way. Late in, have stayed la early out is best but have slept in a couple times with no hassles. 

A little drive but sometimes you just want to know that you won't be harrassed. (I stay in Lodi when I take a couple days off from work.

Walmart - lots of Rv's on a daily basis, have also seem people parking in the extended parking lot of KFC. Very well lit, very noisy.

Flying J - fills up quickly, there are regulars that park here. I myself use the showers here, spend money so I never get any second looks.

Pilot - parking to the right has full time people there. People in cars, trucks, motorhomes - way too crowded for me(the day time manager doesn't much care for the crowd(trying to clean it up were his words) - I avoid this spot. 

There are also a few campgrounds in the area. I haven't used them so can't comment .

WinCo Roseville/Rockin - stay away - security will roust you and call the police. I just saw someone get rousted while I came out from shopping.

IamMe said:
A few places I stop for the night at:

Pilot - parking to the right has full time people there. People in cars, trucks, motorhomes - way too crowded for me(the day time manager doesn't much care for the crowd(trying to clean it up were his words) - I avoid this spot. 

Are you talking about the Pilot Travel Center at 2828 El Centro Rd?  Is there a fee to park there?  

Wow, on second thought, never mind.  It gets terrible, gruesome reviews on Google Maps.

Trucking spots fill up quickly, early, and not many are real winners; but it is definitely better and safer than Walmart. Traveling with truckers is not bad, but there are fewer stops near major metropolitan areas; and they all differ with business levels, shifts, days, and managers.

The Interstate stop planners along major interstates are often incomplete since people don't want to give away a good site. They will however give unfavorable reviews when they are mad. Still, you have to try them to find out: but it's better than nothing and at least shows where they are (if they have not moved or updated the site.)

I hope I never have to go to Sacramento  :D

BigT said:
Are you talking about the Pilot Travel Center at 2828 El Centro Rd?  Is there a fee to park there?  

Wow, on second thought, never mind.  It gets terrible, gruesome reviews on Google Maps.

Yeah it's not really a Pilot, it use to be, still has the Pilot colors insidebbut is a independently run truck spot. By the time you pay $12 to park, $12 for a shower, you might as welll spend a few extra $'s and get a hotel room .

Hello everyone! I am new to all of this, vandwelling and online communities, and just reaching out to like minded people. I am in the sacmramento area and wanting to make new friends. I just got here from North Carolina. I am single,female, 31 , here for a while and want to do some exploring of the area. I lived here ten years ago but never really had the chance to see all the natural beauty around here. Let' go do something fun!!!!

SOS!!!!!!!

My male friend just brought a class A and he needs to find  a place to park .

urbanhermit70 said:
SOS!!!!!!!

My male friend just brought a class A and he needs to find  a place to park .

I know several spots in West Sac, but a Class A is not exactly stealthy.

For a few days he might get by in the home depot on Harbor Blvd.  Park far from the entrance.

If he was in a van in stealth mode, many long term spots are available.