RTR 2022

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian/Adventurevanman has invited people to stop by/stay in some area, but last I saw hadn't said where. Anyone know where?

Brian/Adventurevanman has invited people to stop by/stay in some area, but last I saw hadn't said where. Anyone know where?
Brian hasn’t posted on his video yet; it should be any time now. I’m thinking it will be somewhere near Scadden Wash but it’s just a guess…

About the RTR... how is the attendance this year? 1000, 5000, 10,000? Just curious

About the RTR... how is the attendance this year? 1000, 5000, 10,000? Just curious
It’s almost impossible to know. I went over a couple of times and during the WRTR it looked like maybe 100 or so but I was only there a few minutes. People come and go all day so in ten minutes that could have changed.

I drove over a few days ago and, again I was only there a few minutes. It was pretty crowded but not a huge area. Looked like three times that many but people come and go and nobody is counting.

Attendance at the seminar of the people sitting down was bigger than I’d ever seen it at the camping RTRs.

I don’t know how it can be estimated even with all the coming and going. A lot?

There are tons of van dwellers here in Q at this time and I can only suppose that many are here for the RTR. Just down the street camped in Scadden is a large group that is almost exclusively vans of about 50 or maybe more. Want me to count them 😁

We are at the camp for High Desert Ranger and so far there are only a few of us. I was hoping for a better turn out for his mom and sister that will be coming in after a few days.

If I was at Q I would be there, but I am recovering from a broken arm and will not be able to travel for a while. But I WILL be in Q next winter.

It’s almost impossible to know. I went over a couple of times and during the WRTR it looked like maybe 100 or so but I was only there a few minutes. People come and go all day so in ten minutes that could have changed.

I drove over a few days ago and, again I was only there a few minutes. It was pretty crowded but not a huge area. Looked like three times that many but people come and go and nobody is counting.

Attendance at the seminar of the people sitting down was bigger than I’d ever seen it at the camping RTRs.

I don’t know how it can be estimated even with all the coming and going. A lot?

There are tons of van dwellers here in Q at this time and I can only suppose that many are here for the RTR. Just down the street camped in Scadden is a large group that is almost exclusively vans of about 50 or maybe more. Want me to count them 😁

We are at the camp for High Desert Ranger and so far there are only a few of us. I was hoping for a better turn out for his mom and sister that will be coming in after a few days.

I'm camping with you in spirit!

HDR, Mike, was an amazing guy.

His knowledge and helpfulness continues to inspire me. I often find myself thinking"what would HDR do/say" as I'm planning my camper restoration and eventual travels.

IMG_20210605_095418_DRO.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could have made it out there this year. Unfortunately, issues at work kept me away.

Well, there's always next year.