Romance Scams

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apparently a person that contacted me on this dating forum posted some misleading information on here.
After running 'their' fake photo through Google Image Romancescam.com I got a hit.
I won't give any important details or the fake photo out, or the monitors will sweep it.

Just letting people know they are here!

I was under the impression romance was inherently a scam anyway.
So true, like the words "Lie to me. I promise I'll believe" from Sheryl Crow's song "Strong Enough". People want to be "scammed" romantically in order to get physically and emotionally excited, even though it's excitement over nothing real.

Not me though, I've always wanted to understand what's real, and have the real thing. 😘😒

Last edited:
I can tell you from being a Dating Site Admin who spent night and day chasing scammers.
The fakes with fake photos are not the dangerous ones. They are easily exposed.
Most countries as I can attest to are not the least bit interested in prosecuting these people for small sums and the really dangerous ones are the ones that have figured that out and make no attempt to hide who they are.

I live in my van today because I trusted the wrong woman... A Psycho show and you have a leading role. Only you don't know it... Yet.
You may prove that the person you are communicating with is the person in the photos . But you will never know what lies behind that screen or their real intentions.

The Devil Doesn't Come To You With Red Face And Horns
She Comes Disguised As Everything You Have Ever Wanted