Rocky Mountain Recreation Camp Host Jobs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A camp host gig has come up in Washington. The company offering the job is Rocky Mountain Recreation--
Does anyone having experience working for them as a camp host? Their Indeed reviews are pretty iffy.

Thanks!

Have not worked for them. Do they pay all hours and provide weekly time off? You still need time off even in paradise.

-crofter

I worked for them 4 years ago as a camp host. Spent a summer about 25 miles from Santa Barbara.

Got paid a flat $250 per week, plus hook-ups, of course. The job would have been ok but the manager was easily the worst manager I’ve ever encountered. There were 5 campgrounds in the area. She was the camp host for one and managed the others. As the season wore on (it was her first year as manager), she lost it. She fired the maintenance guy who was there for 10 years and then expected the camp hosts to do all the maintenance work for all 5 camps on top of the regular camp host duties. Had to check/clean bathrooms before everyone got up, be around all day for check-ins and available at night for camper questions etc. 

No direct deposit and she hated that we wanted to leave to cash checks and run errands. Once she started swearing at all of us, we all left except for one camp host- her mom!

No problems with the company, expect I won’t take a salaried position again!

CLM services has teamed up with RRM & still looking for camp hosts. I received an email notification for a job at Trillium CG on Mount Hood in Oregon. Busy campground in a beautiful site. Link to RRM jobs site below.

I have worked for CLM and received my remote site, access to a compound with shower, electricity, & freezer, and pay for all hours worked. Some jobs receive full hookup sites.
-crofter

https://camprrm.com/jobs/

If you need more contact info you may PM me.

Does anyone know their vaccination and mask requirements for working as a campground host? Thank you in advance for any information on this.