Retired and Happy!!!!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredandHappy6

Reaction score
Hello everyone here on the best site ever!!
My name is “Al” and my sign-in name of “RetiredandHappy6” kind of tells the story. Spent more than 45 years in aviation, traveling all over the globe from Egypt to South America, from Europe to the Far East seeing some wonderful sights along the way. After all this time I have not had the chance to see my own country, but that is about to change. Left the suburban life eight months ago and took off to the National Forests of South Carolina. Spent the first months taking my time trying to learn how to camp on my own. Made a bunch of mistakes along the way but fortunately nothing serious , bug bites, wild hogs, skunks, copperhead snakes and a few more that I can’t recall. A review of the past 8+ months have found me in a much better place – lost 40+ pounds (three pant sizes), sleeping so much better now than in the past. The past months have brought many changes going from a cheap 6X6 tent to an older 1988 popup camper to having what I consider one of my better finds – a 1967 VINTAGE 16ft. Volunteer camper (mostly original). In the process of making sure it is road worthy at which point I am going to “Hit the Road” and not look back. I have been following “Bobs’ adventures at his site and have learned a great deal regarding living “On the Road” without a permanent place to live.
I am glad to here and look forward to all the thoughts that come across the site.
Not a van dweller, but being out of suburbia for the first time in many, many years has proven, so far, to be very rewarding. I do plan to follow the “Motto” that is posted on my profile –
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out and shouting “Holy Crap, what a Ride” (Author Unknown)
Again, Hello to all,

Al (RetiredandHappy6)

Welcome Al! Where are you now? We're just outside of Charleston, on a slow route to Florida. Sounds like you've been having a good time so far!

How-d from Oregon Al!!

what kinda work didja do in avaition?? I love flying, but only in small private planes.

Latest posts