Resealing Topper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carla618

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The used topper I bought leaks. Not much, but I don't want any leaks. Before I bought the topper I had already ordered the bottom seal that sits between the topper and bed rails. I've been watching YT videos about resealing toppers and I'm wondering if I bought the wrong item. Mine is for toppers that weight 200 pounds or less. They sell a product for toppers over 200 pounds and it looks more like the seals people are recommending. Those have raised tubes.

I have no idea how much my topper weighs. That said, I think I should have paid $5 more for the other one. Is the one I have ok?

I'll have more questions about the window seals later. One guy used an EDPM D shaped channel, which was too thick. Another just used butyl tape. Need to find more videos of the windows.

My used truck topper and the seal I bought (versus the one for over 200 pounds, in first photo):

Attachments

• EDPM for 200 plus.jpeg
    EDPM for 200 plus.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • EDPM rubber.jpeg
    EDPM rubber.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 2
  • topper1.jpg
    topper1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 2
Google the brand and model of the topper. You might find manufacturer specs listed.

Or just, "how much does an Acme XYZ fiberglass camper shell weigh"?

Google the brand and model of the topper. You might find manufacturer specs listed.

Or just, "how much does an Acme XYZ fiberglass camper shell weigh"?
Thank you. Found a post in a forum where someone got a reply from Leer. His topper is 210 pounds on a Tacoma. So... guessing mine is over 200. Hmm. I'll order the other and try to return this one. Thanks again.