Renting/Leasing an RV camping site

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

43oswegatchie

Reaction score
I have been looking for land in Oregon and due to skyrocketing prices, it is impossible with my resources. Therefore, my partner, who is a massage therapist, and I are searching for a month by month rent/lease possibility to park on. We also are part-time nomads who spend the winters down in AZ/CA going to he various gatherings. We are adding a 35ft Grand Design travel trailer to our RV collection since we use a Northstar truck camper for the nomadic trips. I hope this is the correct topic sub-group to post this in.

Real estate copmpanies sometimes want to have property sitters to keep an eye on vacant places that are for sale. It is hard to get renters out but if you are essentially providing a security service then they dont have to do a residential eviction when the property sells. It means you are a contract service, not a renter. So you might need to move on shorter notice.

A bit tough to find rental situations right now because of the moratoriums on evictions. A lot of property owners don't want to take the risk of getting stuck with someone who is not paying rent but cant be evicted. So instead they just leave the places empty which means alternative on site security arrangements are sometimes needed.

Creative thinking for difficult times can lead to win/win solutions.

So are you wanting to park the trailer on a leased lot year round or will you be storing it several months of the year? Escapees RV club has a park in Oregon that might work for you.

bullfrog said:
So are you wanting to park the trailer on a leased lot year round or will you be storing it several months of the year? Escapees RV club has a park in Oregon that might work for you.
Probably more a year round renal/lease arrangement, but we may leave it to come south for a bit in the winter. Thanks for reminding me of the national organizations and their possibilities.

Unaffiliated RV parks in your home area may have rates where you pay the regular rate when you are there and a reduced storage rate when you are not there. It's not an unusual arrangement.

The RV park in Nevada that is my "permanent" home address, charges $220 plus electric per month when I am on site, and $100 per month when I am dispersed. I have travel trailer as my home, and a Class C for traveling.

I'm looking at a new RV park in Florida with the hope I can find an arrangement like Wayne49. Pricing is different here and I usually avoid inquiring at "resorts".

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have often seen ads for RV parking on private land in the rental sections on craigslist. Go to the rental section then do a search using RV as the keywords for the search. Sometimes it is just for storage, other times it is for living on the land.

The town of Quartzite has more than 40 RV parks and there are a great many RV parks in the surrounding countryside along variuos roads and highways. You will not have a problem finding the a place to stay. Finding acreage to stay on might take longer. But it is a search best done once you arrive. The good news is it is easy to find a place to stay while you search for the perfect spot.

Or you can pay $180 for a six month stay on the BLM LTVA long term viisitor area land. Just set yourself up with solar power and a portable wadte taks for fresh water amnd waste water. A lot of winter visitors rent a storage space to keep things like their portable tanks, shade structures and other gear in during the months they are not at the LTVA. They also get a local mailbox service set up.

I am currently staying with family in California just east of the Bay Area. I searched craigslist out of curiosity and found many offering a place to park an RV, but at rates that would net you a luxury domicile in most other parts of the country. $2k plus in some cases. The cost of housing has become insane here and apparently many are living in vehicles around the Silicon Valley area because they can't afford housing near their jobs.