Reflectix Uses other than window

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re -- quiet walking
Would two pair of socks help?
re -- temperature stable floor.
For our ExpeditionVehicle, we laid one-inch pink-board topped with a half-inch marine plywood painted on all surfaces to seal.
Our visual floor is a bamboo plank perimeter with slate in the center.
During cold weather, our Wave 3 catalytic heater sits on the floor on factory Wave legs.
The heat warms the slate, then the slate radiates to the interior.
Looking at your understanding of my solution, I can see I left out key components of the process.
Occasionally, I get in 'automatic mode', thinking about complexities outside the forum -- friends, family, cow-orkers, Tribe! -- and the details slip by.
I hope this's forgivable.
My only intention here is to help.
PS:
I think three pair of socks would be excessive...
*****. *****
This stock portrait shows a Wave 3 on factory legs.
If I was me, I would have my in-line propane filter near the input.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220403-192227.png
    Screenshot_20220403-192227.png
    373.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have some sun shades I ordered for all my windows in my Dodge caravan. They're reflective on both sides. How does that work?

"They're reflective on both sides. How does that work?"
During daytime, reflecting the sun's heat away.
Nighttime retaining interior heat.
24 hour coverage.

(referring to a statement about needing 'bit of insulation' to obliviate the agony of walking on Bare! Cold! Steel!):
2003, for our ExpeditionVehicle, we laid one-inch pink-board on the box floor.
Directly on the pink-board, we laid half-inch marine plywood painted on all surfaces to seal.
Nearly two decades full-time live-aboard, the pink-board shows zero degradation or compression.
Our visual floor is bamboo plank perimeter with slate in the center.
Our main source of heat is a Wave 3 catalytic heater (other sources are furry and four-legged).
The Wave squats on the floor on stumpy tootsies, pointed at the slate, and heats the slate some and the air some.
Simultaneously, the slate radiates heat into the habitat.
As you might imagine, our traffic is on the warm slate, so the 'delight' sensation is immediate.
We developed this simple system after about a half-century of making-do with lesser rigs... those cheap disposable factory RecreateVehicles with their vinyl flooring, carpet, vinyl carpet, carpet flooring, you get the picture.
I still think socks is a good idea... I think shin-high soccer socks are divine... I think gentlemen's thin dress-socks inside Austrian mountaineering socks screams 'epic!' (as the younger set is fond of proclaiming).
'legend'!
'super-stoked!'
'majorly kicking it!'
An aside:
I measured the windshield on the rig.
I took those dimensions to the local-owned family-operated home-improvement center, and they cut a section of Reflectix to fit.
If we need to park facing the too-warm sun, we snuggle the Reflectix down the dash against the inside of the windshield.
The upper side is stabilized with appropriate placement of the visors.
[See?, I can sometimes remember the q.
Not always, but I am getting better...]

Last edited: