rear view mirror installation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twokniveskatie

Reaction score
I have a question. Yes I googled it. I am going to ask it here. You do not have to answer. If you do, please do not tell me to google it. It has been a really difficult day and google is NOT my friend.

My rear view mirror fell off. The interior one. Does anyone here have experience reinstalling one in 90 deg temps? The fastest and cheapest method of reinstalling that does not involve a roll of duct tape would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you so much.

Most that I have seen are glued to the window surface and auto parts store should have the glue, usually easy and fast setting.

parts stores have a little kit for this everything you need.  follow the directions and you will have good results.  highdesertranger

It's very easy to do. Avoid the junk kit at Big Lots. I bought it and it had about 1/4 the glue it should have had. Waste of money. Get one from Oreilly, napa, etc. You can get peal and stick kinds but I don't know how well they work. I used the kind where you apply the glue to the old mounting piece and stick it to the windshield. Wait a day or so and then mount the mirror to the metal button.

Prep is key.

90 degrees is much better than 30 degrees. Keeping the windshield shaded would help a lot.

You could always use "bing" :)