Question for Quartzsite campers...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, do you mean use their wifi, or places to get reception for your wifi?

Best cellular Verizon reception in Quartzsite is to park outside the Arco gas station minimart at the east end of Quartzsite. When the cell reception at the LTVA is way slow I have always been able to get online there. The showers are also reasonably priced compared to the other truck stops in the area. They also have East India food with various curries and nan bread.

As to wifi, the library is not the only one in town. There is a McDonalds, Burger King, Carl Juniors, 3X restaurant, several other restaurants, taverns, etc.

Just curious, do you mean use their wifi, or places to get reception for your wifi?
Use their wifi.

I am from the PNW, and I MISS coffee shops. There's the Starbucks in Blythe, but they are having staffing issues. Right now they're open until 11 pm at night, but for a while, they were closing at 2 in the afternoon.

Use their wifi.

I am from the PNW, and I MISS coffee shops. There's the Starbucks in Blythe, but they are having staffing issues. Right now they're open until 11 pm at night, but for a while, they were closing at 2 in the afternoon.
Frequently you are able to access SB wifi even when they are closed... You just don't have anyone who can reset the router if there is a problem since employees are all gone.

Admittedly it can look a lot like you are casing the place if you are the only car there after hours...

Fyi: Just went to the Quartzite library last week to download a slew of offline maps and it was pretty slow, but I was very happy to have wifi at all. Just be prepared to wait a bit if you need to upload/download larger files.

FYI, when using public wifi, be sure to have the vpn working on your device(s).

Admittedly it can look a lot like you are casing the place if you are the only car there after hours...

A wifi repeater/router or better antennas can help you hit SB (and other hotspots) from street parking. This can be helpful after hours or any time you can't park close.

Simple routers start at ~$25.

Last time I used the Quartzsite library wifi I sat comfortably in the camper across the lot while cold people sat on the closed library's front porch with phones and laptops. After a while I left the van parked and downloading and took the dog for a walk.