Promaster City - swivel seat?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkii

Reaction score
I've been playing with my Promaster City for a while and really want to get to the point where I can travel and work out of the van. I'm hoping to retire soon and am drawn vehicle living. I just don't know if I will like it for long term and would like to experiment.

Slept in a Prius several times when my commute increased by a couple hours - had some of the best sleep ever! Picked up the Promaster City because the Prius was just too small for me. Have been slowly building it and now have solar panel and battery and even put a fan in the roof (still need to hook it all up - am nervous about doing it wrong but I'll figure it out eventually) .

Because I'm still working, and because my employer wants/allows us to work remotely, I would really like to set up a good work space. My thought is I could keep working, AND explore/experience vehicle living. I was thinking if I could swivel the front passenger seat it would be a great way to set up a work area with relatively supportive seating (and a seat warmer when it gets too cold). I have been searching and searching but can't seem to find any information about the possibility of adding a swivel to the Promaster City (mine is a 2018). If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Hey Spakil, I'm looking to do the same and wondering if you made any headway since you posted.

Google Search Results from

https://www.cascadecampers.com/campervan-faq

CAN I GET A SWIVEL FOR THE PASSENGER SEAT?

Simple answer is no. Long answer is a swivel is a lot more complex in a PMC than other bigger vans as the front floor is nearly a foot lower than the cargo area. Because of this simply swiveling the seat doesn’t do it and instead you have to raise the seat up as well as having it swivel. This isn’t ideal as now you don’t have much headroom once swiveled. There is a company in Germany that does make a swivel but it hasn’t been DOT approved for use in the US and to our knowledge there is no one importing them for that reason. We recently saw a great video of a simple solution to the swivel seat in a small van. Check it out

Now that's out-of-the-box thinking..................................

Last edited:
Hey Spakil, I'm looking to do the same and wondering if you made any headway since you posted.
Hi Fmodjr1913,

No, sadly no success. Have seen some videos where the Euro version of the PMC has swivel seats so it seems like it might be possible but no luck getting responses on where to get them. For me it would only be the passenger seat. Not sure it is worth permanently reversing the seat as I do occasionally need the seat for passengers