Pressure Cooker

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have permanent scars from a pressure cooker that had a bean in the vent. I’m just happy it was raining that night.

If it won’t open easy, let it sit until it does.

What I want to know about second-day rice is not what recipes to flavor it with but how to make it edible again -- how to fix the texture -- after it's spent the night in the fridge. (And you do want to refrigerate rice leftovers b/c germs love them.) I mentioned frying because that at least breaks it up and softens it a bit...love fried rice, but not to eat 1/2 the time.

Yes, lots of people eat rice for breakfast. Rice + scrambled eggs is one of my all-time favorites.

So how do you fix the second-day rice? Aside from from frying it, I never found a good way.

Most things I reheat in the crock. A couple hours before mealtime I throw it in the crock.

On cloudy days I put a pan on the propane stove, add a bit of water for steam, and toss in the leftovers. "Simmer" on lowest flame with lid on until warmed through.

Where do you guys get all the storage space

159" Promaster high roof, 459 cubit feet in the cargo area.

(and electricity)

750w of solar, and I only cook with electricy when excess power is available. There's an isolator in the mix, so sometimes I cook powerhungry dishes with the appliance in the sink while relocating to new spots.

I've only had quail once at a friend's house whose dad was an avid bird hunter. Had to chew around a couple of buckshot pellets.
My neighbor hunted quail. Went with him when I was about 10 y.o. but fast moving targets were too much for me and my .410 shotgun. Had the same experience with the lead shot. But what you ate around was birdshot. Buckshot would have tore the bird to shreds.

Instant rice has some advantages for nomadic life. The processing method for instant rice kills the dangerous spores that can cause health issues from improperly cooked raw rice or leftover rice cooked from raw. Search on the keywords “ fried rice syndrome”.

I am lazy, I buy instant rice.

Yes, lots of people eat rice for breakfast. Rice + scrambled eggs is one of my all-time favorites.
I rarely eat eggs but wanted to try that. Not gonna happen since eggs were $5.49 today at the store.

The game hens were reasonable at $8.49 for two. Just have to wait for the pressure cooker to get here.