Popup owner who wants van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlerockfarm

Reaction score
JI've got a bare bones popup, but I really want a van now to travel for weeks at a time.

Welcome Idlerrockfarm to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome Idlerockfarm! There are full-timers in tents, cars and even on motorcycles... have you tried staying out for weeks in the pop up?

Sabatical said:
What's keeping you from going for weeks away with the pop up?

That was my question, too.  I have an 8 ft pop-up camper and I stay out in it for up to 8 weeks at a time.  I could go longer if I wanted.

-- Spiff

The OP's comment about a popup is unclear. Is he referring to a popup tent trailer, which is towed, or a popup truck camper? A clarification would be helpful.

Welcome!
Interested to hear more about the pop up as well.

Hi Idlerockfarm- interesting username. Its making me dwell on what it means! Lol. PopUp campers are neat, I remember when we tent camped and the wind would pick up being jelly of them. Funny eh? Anyways, welcome and best of luck to ya!

Idlerockfarm said:
JI've got a bare bones popup, but I really want a van now to travel for weeks at a time.
Well, you could tow your popup with a van and have a two room condo on wheels. :)

Ballenxj said:
Well, you could tow your popup with a van and have a two room condo on wheels. :)

That is something I wouldnt mind.

how does stealth camping work in a pop up trailer camper, is it possible to full time in a pop up?

Ballenxj said:

:) Hello and Welcom IRF  :)

I'm doing exactly what Ballenxj said....Safari hightop and Aliner, which is my 3rd popup.  My condo has a back porch = metal cargo carrier on the T.T.  ;)

Jewellann

Welcome!
Sell the pop up, buy the van you really want.