Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time there was a thread in here about dating that got a bit humorous with lines like

"Yer kinda cute, ya bathed lately?"

and seeing as it was just Valentines day... this gave me a giggle I thought I would share

331321242_887954152426909_4290804317567220052_n.jpg

^^^hopefully they will become a breeding pair so you can quit buying socks!

Pirate camp almost blew away yesterday! Jacqu if you see this did you intend to leave one side unziped ? Wind was really bad yesterday, don’t want it to get torn up. And no I don’t know how to send her a private msg!

Pirate camp almost blew away yesterday! Jacqu if you see this did you intend to leave one side unziped ? Wind was really bad yesterday, don’t want it to get torn up. And no I don’t know how to send her a private msg!
Yes, I left the door unzipped. I'm sure the clam is fine, thanks for keeping an eye on it. Although it is probably pretty dusty in there!

Probably leaving Anaheim tomorrow, may take a couple extra days on the way back in order to decompress. My brother is now fine, but I am frazzled! Thinking of going to the Cibola Wildlife Refuge, never been.

Yes, I left the door unzipped. I'm sure the clam is fine, thanks for keeping an eye on it. Although it is probably pretty dusty in there!
A couple of side panels tried to take off But we secured them back! Overall really impressed how well it stood up.

Boy I really need a warm, calm day or two!

Ok sleepy, I have interceded with the weather goddesses and arranged a 3 day reprieve from the cold wind for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. But that was the as much time as I could get them to agree to. They did not have enough lead time to cancel the wind for Friday as they had already loaded the wind into the machine.

Ok sleepy, I have interceded with the weather goddesses and arranged a 3 day reprieve from the cold wind for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. But that was the as much time as I could get them to agree to. They did not have enough lead time to cancel the wind for Friday as they had already loaded the wind into the machine.
Ok I’ll look forward to that.

OK a few more projects........................

candi cabinet.jpg

A storage case for Candi.......constructed of 3/4" WARPED plywood.......we needed the large face frame to hide the bends !

catio2.jpg

catio 1.jpg

A removable CATIO for Daniel..........and his three cats............Just for FUN

And our final project ...........Two closets for KateKate

kate 1.jpg

kate 3.jpg

A Pantry

kate 2.jpg

And a Clothes Closet.........Never enough TIME (or final pictures)........Thanks KEN...............Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !

Last edited:
Batten down the hatches on Wednesday, another strong wind storm is coming. The Wicked Witch of the West is sending this one.

Looks like I might have to rotate my trailer 90 degrees to be narrow side facing to the wind. I still have fun memories of going to the parades when I lived in New Orleans in the mid 1960s

It is the weekend before Fat Tuesday. Fireworks seen and heard at my camp from lots of Mardi Gras parties to the east by Yuma.

Last edited:
WOW that was quite the Blow last nite............................"It shredded me mainsail"

Well back to the Spare ShadeSail........................50.7 Knots last nite !

^^^ you knew it was going to get shredded, you have had it happen before. Even on a Pirate ship the captain furls the sails in strong winds.

Last edited:
Last night was the second windy night I've spent in my rig, and it was a little bit scary!! I had my sails and slides pulled in, but the rig was rocking and the vents weren't cranked tight enough to keep them from being lifted by the wind a little and then rattling down with numerous loud banging noises. Still windy today in Scottsdale, the rig is rocking as type. I'm glad that we are supposed to have more normal wind speeds tomorrow. :)

I'm heading over today for a quick trip. I'll swing by Pirate camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.