Photography

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my partner still shoot film. But, we're dinosaurs.
There is something about having a darkroom... once upon a time some 40+ years ago I spent a great deal of time taking pictures and developing in the darkroom... the cost scared me away until... the late 90's when I got my first digital camera, and it has just gotten better from there.. the Nikon D5600 I recently got just blows me away... I am now back to a DSLR, and relearning manual photography.

I've been interestred in the "A Year With My Camera" photography course. She has some recommendations, and one of them is the Olympus OM-D. Physically, it reminds me of an Olympus OM-1, which was my first real camera. Thinking pretty hard about getting one...

Want a real challenge? then try a Holga120n toy camera which requires 120 medium format film.

Holga120N / Tri-x 400 / 20sec Exposure / 3D Printed Shutter Release Cable Adapter / Vintage Velbon Tripod

Image: Barn at 12 Ridges Vineyard / Mile Post 25 / Blue Ridge Parkway

Attachments

• 434146-imageedit_1_5581801967.jpg
    434146-imageedit_1_5581801967.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
I really like digital photography, for all the reasons. But I just HATE trying to take pix in full sunlight, because I can't see anything in the camera, either my iphone or the Canon DSLR I was gifted. Is there a way to cope with this? Or am I stuck just shooting when I can't see what I am shooting?

I can't see a thing on the screen in sunlight either. I still use the (glass) viewfinder for almost everything on my DSLR (and made sure I got a version that had one). I'm curious too if other people have found solutions.