Phase One Almost Complete

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonLea

Reaction score
First I had to build a tool shed to move everything from the big shed.  

Cleaned out the big shed and converted it. Insulated the entire shed. Built shelving. Built a psuedo bathroom.  Equipped my potty, the shower will be done in the next couple of days.  

Took everything in the house that had not been claimed by friends or family and piled it at the curb with a sign that said, "Free."  

Found renters. 

Had a slight health crisis in the middle of all this work.  All is well.  That's all I have to say about that.

All that is left is to clean the house, patch holes and paint.  I have now been living in my shed for three days.  I can't even begin to convey how much I love it.  I have a kitchen area with a hotplate, and electric skillet, and a crockpot.  I have a BBQ right outside on the patio.  All of the amazing information I have gleaned in these forums have prepared me for this part of the adventure.  THANK YOU!!  

Bob!  Your book is my bible.  Thanks for the potty info.  I just have a bucket and use the bag and litter system and it is so fine!  I feel so brave and amazing.  It's like my little clubhouse.  I never liked living in house.  But that was just so weird and people didn't get it, but I hate the stuff and the space and the weight of maintaining it all.  

I have an action plan from the mechanic to move through phases of making sure my new home is mechanically sound.  

Right now I am still using the fridge, shower, and washer and dryer in the house, but I don't like going in there anymore.  It's a strange feeling.  So I will be glad when I have set up my cooler.  Bob, I'm insulating mine with foam and gorilla glue just like you did.  I'm going to caulk all the seams too. 

I've done great without the television.   I was pretty sure I would, but it's been really freeing.  I spend much more time outside now.  

It's all happening.

Thanks for sharing this, it really inspired me! I have a lot of phases of my plan in the works and sharing the joy of others' success with it keeps me on track!