Periodontal surgery in Mexico

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanmarie

Reaction score
Has anyone had the laser periodontal surgery done in Mexico or Canada? The quote I am getting in Florida is nearly $8000. That breaks the piggy bank.

Probably no cheaper in Canada; Mexico would be the better bet. ..Willy.

Been doing some checking. The quote on the gum surgery here in Florida is nearly $8000. The quote on a tooth implant is $4000. I can get both done in Mexico for around $3000 or a little less.

So, it's $12,000 total, which does not just break the piggy bank but pulverizes it, vs $3000, which is something I can easily afford. The extra $9000 I would not be paying would pay for gas to get back out west, 5 winter months at my absolute favorite luxury RV resort, treating hubby to whatever touristy stuff he would like to do, and still leave thousands sitting in my medical emergency fund.

Hubby and a few others have said that I could get bad care. But both hubby and I have had bad care episodes in The states, paid top prices for it, and been told there was no recourse except forking over thousands more to sue. So, a crap shoot in Mexico for $3000 or a crap shoot in the States for $12,000.

It's Mexico for us as soon as hubby recovers from his surgeries and we can get back on the road and head west. He might even let me drive a little this time. You never know.

GypsyJan said:
Keep us posted, please!

Will do. Bought an electric toothbrush and ordered a Waterpik from Amazon. Got a prescription from the dentist for a couple bottles of the foulest mouth rinse I have ever tasted (chlorhexidine gluconate). I know the chances are slim, but a couple months of regular home care may reduce the need for the gum surgery. I can hope, anyway. It worked for a friend on Facebook.No cheating. You have to be diligent. Might as well try it.