Partition glass - T1N sprinter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skwerl81

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about a partition window that I have installed in my T1N van (see photo below)...

I want to remove the window but I have some cabinets that stick out above the window. I'm worried if I remove the window, it might affect the integrity of the wall and I might be putting those cabinets at risk of collapsing. I'd appreciate any and all thoughts about this! Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220625-140244_Gallery.jpg

I think the only risk would be if the cabinets are/were attached to the glass. If the glass is not supporting the cabinets they will be ok.
However if once you remove the glass and find the cabinets flex or the lower wall flexes, I would add a wood support between the two either vertically or horizontally.

I think the only risk would be if the cabinets are/were attached to the glass. If the glass is not supporting the cabinets they will be ok.
However if once you remove the glass and find the cabinets flex or the lower wall flexes, I would add a wood support between the two either vertically or horizontally.

Thanks! Are you referring to adding wood supports between the cabinets? I was wondering if it would work to put vertical supports where the window used to be, maybe about 1/3 in from either end. But I think that might be an eye sore so if you have a suggestion about how to put supports in between the cabinets themselves, I'm all ears! Thanks again