Part Time Dweller's Get Together

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I along with another middle aged couple travel together on weekends, long weekends, & occasional 10 day trips within a few hours of Oklahoma.  Because we still hold full time jobs we stay mainly in states that border Oklahoma to get the most out of our van camping time.

We are looking for other like minded campers that would be interested in joining up and doing some camping together in our 7 state area.  We mainly camp in National Forest's because they offer the most opportunities than BLM for this area but are open to other ideas.

I apologize if this is not posted in the correct topic area so if there is a place that has this type of information please feel free to share.  We are too far to enjoy the RTR's and are really interested in meeting new friends to sit around the fire with.

Thanks in advance
Rick & Lesa

There is a gatherings section. You might post there and mention it's upon demand in your area, for travel events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last 5 summers we have camped Iowa. This would have been great for us. We are heading west here in Feb(fingers crossed), but I hope you guys find some people you can camp with. Its always fun to talk to serious campers when we camp because we get to find out about places we wouldn't have found on our own. Best of luck!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Rick and Lesa! Most of our members seem to be in the west and east, not a lot in the middle, but even so I'm sure that you could get a good group together. I suggest finding a spot that can accommodate a small group, decide when you want to hold a gathering, then post the details in this section of the forums and see what type of response you get.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Cry
Last 5 summers we have camped Iowa. This would have been great for us. We are heading west here in Feb(fingers crossed), but I hope you guys find some people you can camp with. Its always fun to talk to serious campers when we camp because we get to find out about places we wouldn't have found on our own. Best of luck!

Thx, maybe we'll run into each other down the road.  Have a safe and pleasant trip and don't forget to share those places that are must see's.

Goshawk said:
There is a gatherings section. You might post there and mention it's upon demand in your area, for travel events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the advice.  Should I just post there or move this to that section?  Not technically savvy so easiest way to get it to the right section would be helpful.  Really appreciate it :)

Just like magic, it's already been moved there for you by a moderator who noticed. They're awesome around here!

I am in Missouri, and I am not leaving the house until this white stuff stops showing up.  :(

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Some of the more mainstream RV groups have regional chapters for doing just this.  Escapees is one such, I'm sure there are others:

https://www.escapees.com/fun/chapters

Thx John for the link and try, but I'd say we are far from the mainstream RVer.  I checked out the link you sent and last post was 2015 and they charge to be a member of their club.  Doesn't really fit the cheap living phylosophy we practice. We're not looking for a club or a lifestyle of KOA campgrounds with swimming pools. Thx again for the try, it's truly appreciated

GotSmart said:
I am in Missouri, and I am not leaving the house until this white stuff stops showing up.  :(

I don't blame you at all there, we take avantage of the off season rates (generally free) with electric but no water through March so we can use our space heater. Looks like we are planning a trip in April for the Mark Twain National forest and I'll be posting dates and GPS coordinates once I have it nailed down in a couple of weeks.  Stay tuned and hope we see you there.

GotSmart said:

Can't blame you there. We're in Tulsa and have dodged the white stuff this year. 

Working out the details but it looks like mid April in the Mark Twain.  I'll get the GPS coordinates and dates nailed down.

backwoodsman.rs said:
Can't blame you there. We're in Tulsa and have dodged the white stuff this year. 

Working out the details but it looks like mid April in the Mark Twain.  I'll get the GPS coordinates and dates nailed down.

I'm right down the road from Mark Twain, so I'll try to keep up with your updates... I'd love to meet up!! I might still be camping in a tent by then, though LOL

:) My family's "Okie" roots are down around Ada on one side and out in Enid on the other side.  I lived briefly in a 28ft T.T. in Sand Springs on the river.  If my wishes come true I will be in TX in the spring and maybe going to SD after that.  I would certainly like to meet some folks from the forums here.   :)

Jewellann